Position Title: Senior ICT Officer (Enterprise Architect)
Duty Station: Valencia, Spain
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P4
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 15 February 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) enables the IOM to achieve its mission to facilitate orderly, safe, regular and responsible migration and mobility of people, by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 160 countries.
ICT provides enhanced enterprise core services and enables the organisation to operate as one strategic and coordinated entity. ICT services range from establishing the infrastructure to reach and connect staff, humanitarian stakeholders and partners; providing the devices and agile technology and information applications to facilitate delivery through decentralized services; creating and maintaining tools to integrate information across the IOM, the clients we serve and the countries where we operate; and delivering the computing power needed to analyze development and humanitarian challenges and identify solutions.
The ICT business model combines dedicated business solutions centres that provide services tailored to specific IOM business needs and shared services that provide infrastructure, applications and platforms for the entire organization.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief Information Officer (CIO)/Director ICT, and the direct supervision of the Chief, Enterprise Architecture and Technology, the Senior ICT Officer (Enterprise Architect) will lead and coordinate all aspects of the Enterprise Architecture (EA) program, including business architecture, which is focused on guiding people, process and organizational change; solutions architecture, which is focused on developing a direction for managing the portfolio of to-be solutions; technical architecture, which is focused on evolving the technical infrastructure.
This role is responsible for defining the EA process and architecture review and advisory process, and for leading the integration of those processes with related business and Information Technology (IT) processes.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Lead the creation or evolution of the enterprise architecture program/function.
- Promote the business value of the EA program/function and its process, and the results of the EA program to business and ICT leadership.
- Lead the development of an implementation plan for the enterprise architecture based on business strategy and requirements.
- Seek opportunities to highlight how digital business initiatives will potentially impact enterprises’ economic architecture and metrics.
- Construct technology-enabled operating models and provide viable options and visibility into execution issues.
- Present a gap analysis and/or IT investment roadmap that reflects the status of the existing IT estate, namely, its ability to contribute to future-state business capabilities around ecosystems and digital platforms.
- Lead the development of an implementation plan for the enterprise architecture based on business requirements and IT strategies.
- Lead and facilitate the creation of governance, assurance and standards to guide EA decision-making.
- Lead the analysis of business and operating models, market trends and the technology industry to determine their potential impact on the organization’s strategy, direction and architecture.
- Lead analysis of the organization’ future-state capabilities and future (and current) IT environments to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement and driving the business forward.
- Oversee the documentation of all architecture designs and analysis work. and
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Network Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or,
- University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in at least three disciplines, such as business, information, solution or technical architecture, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management or operations in a multitier environment;
- Experience with digital roadmaps and enabling architecture, platforms and solutions to digitally transform an organization;
- Extensive experience in cloud computing, from an architecture perspective;
- Experienced with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks.
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, ERP implementations: SAP, software as a service(SaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, MS Office 365, SharePoint, PowerBI and Dynamics, event-driven IT and predictive analytics.
- Exposure to Data Centre Optimization, Data Centre Management Processes, Virtualization, public cloud services (AWS and/or Azure).
- Exposure and understanding of existing, new and emerging technologies, and processing environments.
- Knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes; Good understanding of Design thinking.
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and motivational skills, with the ability to influence business and technical groups at senior levels within and beyond the organization.
- Ability to balance the long-term (‘big picture’) and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Ability to translate business needs into EA requirements.
- Excellent relationship building, collaboration, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management and organization skills.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
This position is classified as “Tenured”. The selected candidate will be subject to a maximum tenure of (a) 8 years of service, if they did not hold other positions within IOM at the duty station of the tenured post, and (b) 11 years of service at the duty station, if they held other staff positions at the current IOM duty station of the tenured post (regardless of position type or contract type). Upon reaching the maximum tenure, the incumbent must vacate the position.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges. • Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications HERE via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 15 February 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2023 26 Senior ICT Officer (Enterprise Architect) (P4) Valencia, Spain (57955838) Released
Posting: Posting NC57955839 (57955839) Released