Job Identification : 8685
Locations : Cox’s Bazaar, Bangladesh
Posting Date : 02/22/2023, 05:16 AM
Apply Before : 03/23/2023, 06:15 PM
Job Schedule : Full time
Agency : UNDP
Grade : SB2
Vacancy Type : Service Contract Holders
Practice Area : Crisis management / Country Management Support
Summary of key functions:
- Implement operational strategies of United Nations Identification (UNID) Pass system for United Nations Agency Fund & programme (UNAFP) organizations in Cox’s Bazar.
- Administer UNID Cards for UNAFPs in Cox’s Bazar.
- Manage ID card database for UNAFPs in Cox’s Bazar.
- Screen and verify all ID card request forms as per existing Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) of UNID.
- Design various types of identity cards/access passes as instructed.
- Manage UN ID card equipment and machines and all related inventory of printing materials.
- Schedule periodic disposal of expired or faulty cards.
- Maintain proper records of processed, delivered, returned, and expired ID cards.
- Maintain confidentiality of the information related to the identity programme database.
- Ensure that ID card machines and equipment are properly maintained and kept functional at all times.
- Schedule periodic servicing of the equipment, printers and machine.
- Maintain effective communication with vendors for troubleshooting and servicing in a timely manner.
- Provide annual budgetary requirements for ID equipment, stationery, and other consumable needs.
- Operate and monitor HF & VHF radios, sat-phone, hotline and maintain logbook.
- Track field movement of UN staff members and UN vehicles within the country.
- Conduct daily monitoring of local media (print and electronic, including social media) for security incidents/reports/ information as projected on United Nations, UN in Bangladesh as well as major incidents/developments in the country.
- Prepare daily media report and forward the report timely to the supervisor.
- Conduct periodic radio checks and prepare compliance report.
- Provide assistance through phone and or Radio to staff members when needed.
- Send emergency alerts through all available communication means when required/ as instructed.
- Contact agency security focal points on matters affecting staff security.
- Maintain in good order all equipment, Computers, gadgets, programs and files.
- Attend Travel Request Information Process (TRIP) Security clearances on behalf of FSCO/ SA/ ASC.
- Maintain databases for trainings and Security Briefings.
- Coordinate with security agencies in case of any incidents.
- Perform duty at Security Operation Center (SOC), Cox’s Bazar 24/7 and/or ID Unit Cox’s Bazar.
- Undertake additional tasks as assigned by FSCO/Security Advisor/Deputy Security Advisor.
IV. Competencies Corporate Competencies:
- Demonstrates commitment to UN mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience and provides helpful advice to others in the office.
- Ability to provide basic telecommunications support services.
- Good administrative and IT skills.
- Working knowledge of VHF/HF operating systems, Microsoft Windows.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback /Client Orientation
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity.
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Shows conflict resolution skills.
V. Recruitment Qualifications
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree from any recognized institution with 02 years of relevant experience.
- OR, a Technical Diploma/Trade Course with 05 years relevant experience in Law enforcement/ military/ UN.
- Proficiency in use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet/ email is essential.
- Practical knowledge on web application software and graphic design software like Photoshop & Illustrator is essential.
- Sound knowledge on Google earth would be added advantage.
- Background of radio amateur is an added advantage.
Language Requirements: Excellent in writing and spoken English; other relevant languages will be considered as a plus.
The United Nations is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance and geographical diversity in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. Preference will be given to equally qualified women candidates. UN offices are a smoke-free environment.