Procurement and travel manager
Job announcement : Aug 14, 2023
Unpublishing date : 04/09/2023, 21:59:00
Organizational Unit : FLMEX
Position type : Temporary work
Requisition Type: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Main location : Mexico-Mexico City
Duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension)
Position Number: N/A
FAO strives for gender, geographic and linguistic diversity among its staff and international consultants, in order to best serve the Organization’s Member Nations in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving diversity in its workforce in terms of gender, nationality, origin and culture.
- Women, nationals of underrepresented or unrepresented Member States and persons with disabilities who possess the necessary qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- Everyone working for FAO must adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and uphold FAO values.
- FAO, as a specialized agency of the United Nations, applies a policy of zero tolerance for conduct incompatible with its statute, objectives and mandate, in particular sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All successful candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- All requests will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The position is located in the FAO Representation in Mexico
Under the supervision of the Assistant Administration Representative of FAO Mexico
Field of specialization
Guarantee through direct execution, and in other cases of supervision, that the organization and projects have the necessary inputs for the operation in a timely manner, considering the regulations and policies applicable to the different purchasing procedures and at the same time, Supervise that the management of travel requests and related procedures is expeditious.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Participate and review that the purchasing processes in any of the modalities that are presented comply with the best value for money and have the necessary documentation in accordance with the regulations, guarantee the best purchasing conditions for the Office, and the services and/or Products delivered meet the expectations of the requiring areas.
- Control the procurement process through the integration and monitoring of the Purchasing Plan of the office and projects, as well as the Consolidated Purchasing Plan and Estimated Payments.
- Carry out the purchasing processes complying with the requirements of the applicant and in strict adherence to the FAO regulations and follow up on each purchase until payment to the supplier.
- Verify that all information and documentation related to the purchasing processes is prepared and archived depending on the modality, that is, contractual instruments, comparative supplier evaluation tables and all the necessary support documentation according to the products or services and regulations applicable in each modality.
- Prepare and/or review: the office Purchase Plan, Consolidated Purchase Plan and Payment Estimate prior to delivery to the Finance area, follow up and present status to the Project Monitoring Committees.
- Supervise all activities and documentation derived from the purchasing processes of the personnel in charge.
- Prepare and/or review the documentation to be presented for approval by the Local Purchasing Committee, in accordance with the limits established by regulations.
- Review Letters of Agreement as a quality control member and ensure their proper registration and monitoring in systems.
- Prepare or validate the purchase orders requested, following up until payment and closure in the system.
- Update, classify and diversify the supplier database in Excel and support in updating the database in GRMS.
- Prepare the supplier evaluation plan and scheme and implement it.
- Serve as FAO focal point in the purchasing area within the United Nations System Mexico.
- Collaborate as a focal point in logistics for events in which the office acts as an organizer or as a participant at a national or international level, considering all actions of preparation, purchase and management of supplies (products / services) for the event.
- Review and approve the purchase processes carried out by other buyers, including the review of contracts and purchase orders.
- Follow up on the contracts with the different requesting areas, considering their expiration date for renewal, verifying that their clauses are met.
- Plan and implement purchasing and travel risk mitigation measures, as well as internal control measures derived from the ICQ.
- Supervise that the identification of suppliers for specific purchases is carried out in collaboration with adhoc technical officials.
- Verify that the report of purchase orders and requisitions is generated bimonthly in the GRMS system and carry out an adequate follow-up until their closure.
- Supervise the follow-up to the satisfactory delivery of the Office’s products and/or services with the suppliers, in order to make timely payment to them, based on the purchasing/payment control plan file.
- Verify in the GRMS system the calculation in accordance with the travel policy, of the amount to be paid for travel expenses and other travel expenses.
- Review the travel authorization TA’s, registered by the staff and make the necessary corrections, as well as the Mission Travel Claim (MTC) and Travel Expense Claim (TECs).
- Keep Daily Subsistance Allowance (DSA) rates up to date in the GRMS system.
- Ensure the preparation and delivery of the international travel plan.
- Coordinate with attention to talent and regulations and compliance, to keep staff updated with respect to policies, processes and protocols applicable to acquisitions and travel; as well as give the necessary follow-up for its compliance.
- Perform any other function aligned with the objective of the position.
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Mexican nationality
- Five years of relevant experience in purchasing and procurement management, or related administrative tasks.
- Practical knowledge of the Spanish language (level C) and intermediate knowledge of the English language (level B).
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Accounting or related fields.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results-based approach
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Exchange) and others.
- Ability to effectively use accounting software and other information and database systems to enter data, perform searches, retrieve/define special reports, and analyze and edit results in an appropriate format.
- Proven abilities to establish fluid working relationships with representatives of government institutions and NGOs.
- FAO does not charge fees at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help or have questions, please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the application deadline has expired will not be accepted.
- Please be informed that FAO will only consider academic degrees or credentials obtained from an educational institution included in the Global Higher Education Database, which is a list maintained by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/UNESCO. The list can be consulted at: www.whed.net/
- For any other questions visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/es/.
It is noted that all candidates should adhere to the Organization’s values of commitment to FAO, respect for all and integrity and transparency.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
- If you would like to apply, go to the FAO recruitment website ( Jobs at FAO) and complete your online profile.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
- We advise candidates to apply well in advance of the deadline.
- If you need help, please contact: Careers@fao.org.
SMOKING IS PROHIBITED ON FAO PREMISES