Position Title: Project Support Assistant
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 01 March 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Director, Department of Human Resources (DHR) and direct supervision of the Head, Integrated Talent Management Unit (ITMU); and, in collaboration with relevant Units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the Project Support Assistant will be responsible and accountable for assisting the resources management functions of ITMU.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Integrated Talent Management Unit (ITMU) in financial, procurement, human resources and other administrative activities.
- Assist in implementing procurement activities including obtaining quotations, preparing evaluations and recommendations, issuing Purchase Requisitions (PR) Purchase Orders (PO) or Service Agreements (SA) and delivery of goods/services in accordance to IOM procurement guidelines and IOM HQ process flow guidelines.
- Process and maintain financial records using the Online Processing Apps in line with IOM financial regulations; Using ERP reports, reconcile financial transactions and payments to staff and suppliers in a timely manner.
- Assist in the regular monitoring of budget versus actual financials for the operational activities of the Unit, using ERP reports.
- Assist in the annual budget preparation exercise for DHR.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and accounting, financial, statistical and donor reports complying with IOM internal and relevant donor requirements.
- Maintain an electronic filing system and ensure that all ITMU documents are accessible by relevant team members at all times.
- Provide general guidance on accounting, financial policies and procedures to the DHR Units as required.
- Support DHR in project activation procedures using PRIMA; Assist in preparation of closing of projects, ensuring commitments are cleared, procurement module is reconciled and all other activities as per the Project Closure Checklist is accomplished, before preparing financial report for submission to RAS.
- Provide necessary support to the ITMU as identified by the supervisor, including, completing a wide range of assigned administrative support activities, such as project activation procedures and logistics support serving all DHR Units.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with at least three years of relevant professional experience, preferably in similar roles; or,
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with at least five years of relevant working experience, preferably in similar roles.
- Experience in financial administration including financial management and budgeting;
- Experience in human resources, procurement and logistics;
- Experience using an Enterprise Resource Planning system; and,
- Experience working in an international organisation an advantage.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the Organization’s financial, procurement, HR and administrative guidelines;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Ability to work with national and international institutions;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise report;
- Demonstrated ability to and exercise sound judgment;
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) an advantage; and,
- Knowledge of SAP highly desirable.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internal candidates of the Organization will be considered as first-tier candidates.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only qualified Swiss nationals or candidates residing in Switzerland or neighbouring France will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
To apply, interested applicants are invited to submit their applications HERE via the IOM e-Recruitment system by 01 March 2023.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 16.02.2023 to 01.03.2023
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2023 03 (GS) Project Support Assistant (G5) Geneva, Switzerland (57977668) Released
Posting: Posting NC57977669 (57977669) Released