Posting Title: Project Manager
Department/Office: International Seabed Authority
Duty Station: KINGSTON
Posting Period: 06 March 2023 – 24 March 2023
Job Opening Number: 23-International Seabed Authority-203829-Consultant
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Result of ServiceThe objective of this consultancy is to ensure the smooth implementation of the Sustainable Seabed Knowledge Initiative, by monitoring the timely delivery of outputs and reporting duties. The consultancy will also support the delivery of parts of the project and coordination with partners. The consultant will report to and receive guidance from the Director of OEMMR and direct supervision by the Environmental coordinator, who will review and approve the deliverables/outputs following close consultation and cooperation with the relevant offices in the Secretariat.
Work LocationHome Based
Expected duration12 Months
Working under the direct supervision of the Environmental coordinator and the overall guidance of the Director of OEMMR, the project manager is expected to:
- Ensure the delivery of the project outputs and activities as defined in the project implementation plan and ensure the compliance of all implementing partners.
- Develop workplans and concept notes for the implementation of the project activities.
- Advice, guide and support the logistical and scientific delivery of the project, verifying and checking all deliverables adhere to terms of reference and project implementation plan.
- Prepare monitoring reports and information about the results and activities of the project to donors.
- Ensure the due involvement of the project advisory bodies and partners.
- Support the internal and external project communication.
- Organize, participate and take minutes for all project meetings.
- Provide scientific and technical assistance in other activities undertaken by OEMMR related to ISA action plan for MSR in support of UN Decade, as required.
Qualifications/special skillsA master’s degree is required. Studies in marine biology, marine ecology, oceanography, marine environmental sciences or related field is desirable. A minimum of 5-year working experience in project/programme management in marine scientific research at the national and/or international level is required. Knowledge of deep-sea environment, ecosystems and biodiversity is desirable. Familiarity with the work of ISA is required. Experience writing technical reports and relevant dissemination materials for intergovernmental organizations is highly desirable. Ability to deliver outputs against tight timelines is highly desirable.
LanguagesExcellent written and oral communication skills in English is required.
Additional InformationISA is seeking a consultant with requisite experience and expertise in project/programme management in marine scientific research with national or international organizations. The consultant will be requested to (i) ensure the smooth implementation of the Sustainable Seabed Knowledge Initiative (SSKI), (ii) monitor the delivery of outputs and reporting duties, (iii) play an active role in the delivery of parts of the initiative, and (iv) represent the project in discussion and coordination with partners. Proposals in line with the scope of work in the appended Terms of Reference are to be submitted via email to email@example.com on or before 24 March 2023. Proposals should be concise but thoroughly and sufficiently demonstrate the competence and expertise of the potential consultant to meet the requirements of the Terms of Reference. Proposals should reflect a clear methodology on the deliverables and a financial proposal expressed in monthly installments.
No FeeTHE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.