Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM), the successful candidate will work under the direct functional and administrative supervision of the Resources Management Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing clerical accounting support to the Resources Management Unit. The successful candidate will be given financial and administrative tasks relating to designated Resources Management Unit projects.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Financial Support
-Prepare Purchase and Payment Requests in IOM systems, confirming the correct charge codes are used.
-Track required payments to ensure they are made in a timely manner.
- Financial Monitoring & Reporting.
-Consistently monitor expenditures against the approved budget for assigned regions. Review detailed project expenditures to ensure that only valid expenses are charged to the projects while also monitoring that the correct budget lines (WBS) and account codes are used.
-Communicate with IOM project staff regarding budgetary and expense issues. Monitor office response and continuously follow-up on unresolved issues.
-Assist in the quarterly reconciliation reports.
- Budget Preparation and Evaluation
-Provide general administrative support related to the preparation of budget and donor reporting packages, and ensuring timely submission of reports to HQ units, project managers, and the donor.
-Assist in the upload of budgets into IOM systems (PRIMA and PRISM).
- Monthly Statistical File Consolidation
-Collect and aggregate monthly reports.
- Administrative Support
-Provide general assistance to Missions by reviewing the documents related to payables and submit the documents to concerned unit for the processing of payment.
-Provide general assistance to staff assigned to other global projects managed by the unit. Update work instruction manual relevant to the tasks assigned, subject to review of supervisor.
-Perform other related tasks that may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field from an accredited academic institution.
- 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- English Fluent.
- Spanish Fluent.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to coordinate actions with counterparts.
- Able to work effectively with local authorities, counterparts and beneficiaries.
- Ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ability to coordinate tasks to meet the deadlines demonstrated.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplac
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems,and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a “hands-on” approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
- Solo se considerarán aplicaciones que cumplan con el perfil solicitado.
- No se considerarán aquellas aplicaciones recibidas en fecha posterior a la clausura de la convocatoria o que no se especifiquen el código de referencia.
- Esta convocatoria está abierta únicamente a ciudadanos nacionales o extranjeros legalmente autorizados para trabajar en el país.
- Cualquier oferta laboral en relación con este aviso especial de vacante está sujeta a la disponibilidad de fondos del proyecto.
- La contratación de esta candidatura está sujeta a la validación de referencias, aprobación médica. Se debe contar con el certificado de vacunación COVID completo y/o programación de la segunda y/o tercera dosis, así como a la verificación de residencia, visa y autorizaciones por el Gobierno local, en caso de ser aplicable.
How to apply
How to apply:
Candidatos interesados están invitados a postular enviando un correo a email@example.com con el asunto: “[2nd Call Extension] RRHH 118_2022 Project and Administrative Assistant” adjuntando carta de presentación y CV en formato PDF renombrado de la siguiente manera: “CV APELLIDOS_NOMBRES”, hasta el 13 de enero del 2023 a las 11:59 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 06.01.2023 to 13.01.2023