Position Title: Programme Finance Assistant – Family Assistance Program (FAP)
Job classification: G-5
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: One-Year Fixed-Term, with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 638,273.00 per annum net of taxes
Under the overall guidance of the head of the Project Monitoring Unit, the successful candidate will work under the direct functional and administrative supervision of the Project Monitoring Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing clerical accounting support to the Project Monitoring Unit and will be given financial and administrative tasks relating to designated Department of Migration Management/Immigration and Border Management Division/Immigration and Visas Unit projects, with a particular focus on the Family Assistance Programme (FAP).
Core Functions / Responsibilities
FINANCIAL MONITORING AND REPORTING
- Preparation of Monthly Financial Report and Spending Report of Family Assistance Programme (FAP) and Visa Acceptance Office (VAO) programme and provide analysis on the consumption against the approved budget.
- Consistently monitor expenditures against the approved budget for the assigned projects.
- Review detailed project expenditures to ensure that only valid expenses are charged to the projects while also monitoring that the correct WBS and account codes are used.
- Communicate with IOM field offices, MAC and HQ regarding budgetary and expense issues. Monitor office response and continuously follow-up unresolved issues.
- Assist in the staff cost monitoring (projectization) and other staffing review.
- Assist in the preparation of the Final Reporting Package including the Proof of Employment of Fund in the donor required format.
ANNUAL BUDGET PREPARATION
- Review and analyze budget requests submitted by IOM field offices, highlighting major changes compared to previous year’s budget and previous year’s actual expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of the consolidated budget.
- Provide general administrative support related to the preparation of budget and donor reporting packages, and ensuring timely submission of reports to HQ units, project managers, and the donor.
- Assist in the upload of budgets into the system (PRIMA).
- Provide assistance to Missions by responding to their inquiries regarding the projects handled.
- Act as a co-Project Developer in creating new project codes in the system.
- Preparation of invoices or RFPs for the donor’s contributions.
- Coordinate the timely collection of donor’s contributions based on the signed contract.
- Provide assistance to staff assigned to other global projects managed by the unit.
- Update work instruction manual relevant to the tasks assigned, subject to review of supervisor.
- Perform other related tasks that may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce/Finance or related field from an accredited academic institution.
- Professional certification as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) will be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience in the field of accounting, finance, budgeting, and / or audit;
- Experience providing financial and administrative support to global projects in the field of visas.
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards or International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Sound knowledge of accounting systems and/or SAP;
- Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office applications;
- Advanced MS Excel proficiency;
- Ability to draft correspondence and communicate effectively in English.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks under time constraints.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 11 April 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-0692023-vn-0692023-programme-finance-assistant-family-assistance-program-fap-g-5
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.