SAVING LIVES. CHANGING LIVES.
WFP Yemen – Internship Programme
BEGIN YOUR HUMANITARIAN JOURNEY WITH WFP.
The World Food Programme, based in Yemen is looking for vibrant, innovative, and multi-talented students.
An internship at WFP is a great opportunity to acquire practical work experience while contributing to the goal of reaching Zero Hunger.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis.
- Title of Post: Programme Delivery Unit Intern
- Grade: Intern
- Supervisor: Head of PDU
- Unit: Programme Delivery Unit (PDU)
- Division/Country Office: Yemen CO
- Duty Station: Amman, Jordan
- Duration of Contract: 3 months
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is one of the agency’s largest anywhere in the world, providing lifesaving food assistance to more than 13 million people in need. WFP also provides nutrition support to more than 3 million children and women, and delivers school meals to 2 million schoolchildren
The position will be based in Amman, Jordan. The internship will last for 3 months with a clear and pre-defined roles and responsibilities. Intern is likely to be working under the close support and guidance of a more experienced professional staff member receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- The Internship programme envisions the eligibility criteria to ensure the programme is applied in a consistent and structured manner:
- Be fluent in English (WFP working language)
- Be fit to work at the duty station of the internship.
- Not be sons, daughters, brothers or sisters of WFP employees.
- Experience with research on food and culture.
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills in English
- Match one of the below conditions for education status:
a. Currently enrolled in a Social Sciences undergraduate programme ( cultural anthropology, sociology etc) (for example, Bachelor’s degree) and have completed at least 2 years of the programme. Candidates should have attended classes in the past 12 months from a recognised university (please refer to the UNESCO list below or at UNESCO ™ | WHED World Higher Education Database | International Handbook of Universities | IAU | IHU (unesco-whed.org) b. Currently enrolled in a graduate programme (for example, Master’s degree) from a recognised university (please refer to the UNESCO list) and have attended classes in the past 12 months; c. Recently graduated from an undergraduate or graduate programme (within six months prior to the application to the Internship programme) from a recognised university and have attended classes in the last 12 months.
- Duration: 3 months.
- Amman-based, with missions to IRG governorates, as required.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation and related costs.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognised institutions that have been recognised by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
- Female candidates will be prioritized.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
20 March 2023
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
To report any technical issues while applying, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org