Conducting research, fieldwork, and investigations, and writing up reports. Publishing research, attending conferences, delivering presentations, and networking with others in the field. Traveling to other universities or academic settings to participate in learning opportunities and gain experience.
- Location: Guelph, ON
- Salary: $150,000 to $200,000 annually for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits, Financial benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are searching for a knowledgeable and reliable Associate Professor to join our faculty. The Associate Professor’s responsibilities include teaching a number of classes and seminars, attending conferences, conducting research, and supervising students. You should be able to collaborate with colleagues, advise teaching assistants, and tackle several administrative tasks.
To be successful as an Associate Professor, you should be able to work to tight deadlines and juggle multiple responsibilities. Outstanding candidates have excellent management knowledge, networking skills, and the ability to build strong professional relationships with both students and colleagues.
Associate Professor Responsibilities:
- Developing and delivering course material, curricula, and syllabi.
- Assisting with the training and recruitment of new lecturers, teaching assistants, and Professors.
- Conducting research, publishing papers, and attending conferences.
- Attending academic events and networking with other researchers and field experts.
- Supervising, advising, and mentoring teaching assistants and graduate students.
- Participating in faculty and departmental meetings.
- Shortlisting, interviewing, and selecting students for graduate programs.
- Organizing guest seminars and faculty events where students can interact with established industry professionals.
- Traveling to other higher education settings to gain experience and expand networks.
- Writing proposals to secure research funding.
Associate Professor Requirements:
- A Master’s or Ph.D. in the relevant discipline.
- Extensive experience teaching in an academic setting.
- Proven academic prowess.
- Excellent research, teaching, and presentation skills.
- Willingness to engage with a range of professionals and students.
- Dedication to excellence in your field.
- A professional attitude and great work ethic.
- Earned doctorate degree
5 years or more
- Conduct research in field of specialization
- Serve on faculty committees dealing with research, budgets, curriculum planning and requirements and staffing
- Teach one or more university subjects
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
- As per collective agreement
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Other benefits
- Pension plan
- On-site amenities
- On-site daycare available
- On-site recreation and activities
- Wellness program
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application