Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Job classification : General Staff
Grade : G-5
Duty station : Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Closing date : 16 Jun 2023
Duration of Assignment : One Year with possibility of extension
Salary : Php 638,273.00 per annum net of taxes
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the National Procurement and Logistics Officer, the successful candidate will provide general procurement assistance to the MAC units in line with IOM policies, rules and regulations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist the National Procurement and Logistics Officer in preparing and conducting requests for Quotations, Purchase Requisitions, Bids Analysis Summaries, receipt of quotations, bids, or proposals.
- Coordinate certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with IOM rules and regulations and ensure that all transactions are done in ERP.
- Closely coordinate with end-users and internal stakeholders on the preparation of correct specifications, terms, reference or scope of work and provide the necessary recommendation.
- Verify if all purchases are reviewed and approved in line with the Purchase Authorization matrix.
- Follow up with vendors on the status of requisition and purchase orders in coordination with the National Procurement and Logistics Officer to ensure timely delivery of ordered goods and services.
- Notify the requesting staff on the estimated delivery time of their requests or services. Including any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery schedule and conditions.
- Maintain a proper filing system of procurement documentation.
- Handle personnel Effects – import and export tasks.
- Staff Augmentation/Outsourcing
- Ensure close coordination with various internal stakeholders and requesting units including but not limited to MAC Accounts payable for payment issues, Manila Supply Chain Unit for the PPR review and with different service providers in line with staff augmentation/outsourcing requests.
- Assist Common Services focal in PRF creation.
- Process monthly service fee of the consultant and prepare PPR for accumulated transaction with USD 200k and above amount.
- Process Yearly/Annually renewal of MAC and IOM Warehouse including (Property All Risk, Commercial General Liability, Electronic Equipment Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance (Comprehensive, TPL and Passenger) with the following raider, Fidelity, etc.
- Prepare cost benefit analysis to verify that the coverage is beneficial to the organization.
- Process and endorse insurance claims.
- Gather and maintain Vendor Information Sheet from vendors/service providers for review and filing.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three (3) years of relevant professional experience in procurement and logistics, international vendor sourcing and contract negotiation of which one (1) year experience in UN system or multinational organization ; or,
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with five (5) years of relevant professional experience.
- Certificate on procurement, an advantage.
- Experience in procurement and supply chain management related tasks;
- Work experience using SAP procurement module is an advantage.
- Experience working in any multicultural organization and/or UN system, an advantage.
- Proficient in using MS Office applications and other ERP
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints, accurate and detail oriented.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
Inclusion & respect for diversity
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
Integrity & transparency
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Managing and sharing knowledge
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a “hands-on” approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
How to apply
Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 16 June 2023. VN Number and Position Title (VN 099/2023 – Procurement and Logistics Assistant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Applications must consist of a cover letter, a duly-accomplished IOM Personal History Form, and a résumé highlighting education and experience relative to the above qualifications.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.