Position Title: Payroll Administration Assistant
Job classification: G-4
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 540,912 per annum net of taxes
Under the overall supervision of the National Payroll Officer and the direct supervision of the Sr. Payroll Administrator, the Payroll Administration Assistant will be responsible for providing support to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll and other financial entitlements for all local staff members in the Philippines, employees in Switzerland, and professional staff worldwide.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist in the computation and processing of payroll for professional staff members, HQ employees, and PH Local staff, ensuring timely and accurate payment of salaries. Prepare/Submit all required payroll reports.
- Follow-up the timely submission of payroll related data from concerned units and accurately input them (entitlements, advances, loans, other variables elements) into PRISM-HR for timely payment or deduction in payroll.
- Provide support in the validation of payroll results to ensure data accuracy, implement control mechanism and take corrective actions where necessary.
- Update the officials’ salary projectization percentages.
- Update and take corrective actions for staff members change in banking information thru ESS-PRISM portal align with the PRISM HR implementation*.*
- Send out monthly payment instructions to missions for officials receiving part of their salaries, locally, as per payroll and MTS payment report.
- Assist in administering payment of terminal emoluments to all separated staff due to resignation, retirement, and end of contract.
- Provide documents, reports, statements, statistical tables, correspondences, analysis of payroll related data as required by MAC concerned units.
- Resolve promptly staff queries concerning generic and individually specific questions about salary and other entitlements with tact and diplomacy.
- Assist in the validation of WBS in Payroll Accounting entry in collaboration with missions. Ensures that all expenses are properly projectized.
- Provide assistance and related information to missions in analysing staff cost
- Assist in ensuring that payments and deductions are mapped correctly for proper charging of account.
- Provide assistance in the review, monitoring and reconciling of related payroll accounts and carry out accounting procedure required of the payroll system.
- Assist in the analysis of Staff Vendor accounts whenever required.
- Work with MTS, MAC-AP, MFS, Internal and External Auditors concerning accounting issues, payroll reporting and documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of payroll related manual accounting entries for proper charging of accounts
- Coordinate with PRISM Helpdesk or appropriate Unit for any inconsistency in the system and provide support to ensure resolution so as not to disrupt payroll processing and result.
- Actively participate in team discussions and evaluation of current payroll processes and issues encountered by giving suggestions; and carry out necessary actions for improvement.
- Organize and maintain a filing and reference system using both manual and electronic file systems. Safe-keep records and establish /prepare a mechanism for the easy access and retrieval of Payroll information
- Provide missions cost to IOM and take home pay computation upon request for budget purposes.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Accounting or any related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience in direct payroll functions; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Thorough working knowledge on payroll systems procedures and salary calculations;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Experience with SAP HR and other payroll systems and applications.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 20 January 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-0012023-vn-0012023-payroll-administration-assistant-g-4-manila-global-administrative
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.