Job Identification : 9374
Locations : Sana’a, Yemen
Posting Date : 03/29/2023, 12:18 PM
Apply Before : 04/11/2023, 09:00 AM
Job Schedule : Full time
Grade : SB1
Vacancy Type : Service Contract Holders
Rotational/Non Rotational : Non-Rotational
Contract Duration : 1 Year
Education and Work Experience : High School certificate
6 Years experience in UN agency
Required Languages : Arabic and basic English
Vacancy Timeline : 2 Weeks
Job Category : Administration/Operations/Support
UNFPA is seeking the services of two office Janitors who are responsible for maintaining a clean and healthy facility by completing various tasks. This can include mopping & vacuuming floors, disinfecting surfaces and restrooms and emptying trash and recycle cans
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
UNFPA is seeking the services of maintaining a clean and healthy facility by completing various tasks.
You would be responsible for:
Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Admin Associate the Janitor will perform the following tasks:
- Performs cleaning functions, including washing, sweeping, dusting, vacuum-cleaning and polishing.
- Cleaning surfaces, including floors, furniture, walls, doors, windows, carpets etc.; empties and cleans waste paper baskets;
- Keeps office rooms, kitchen and toilet clean and hygienic.
- Keeps all cleaning equipment in closed small storage and in good working condition for further duties;
- Ensures daily cleaned environment and bear full responsibility for quality of cleaning.
- Prepares beverages for official visitors to the office and UNFPA staff members.
- Cleans and washes the office entrance.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Keeps an updated tracker of all cleaning materials and re-order them via UNFPA Receptionist/Building Maintenance Clerk.
- Moves heavy equipment, furniture and supplies.
- Sprays insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation;
- Identifies and reports possible repairs and burnt light fixtures.
- Deep cleaning and disinfecting the facility on weekly basis.
- Assist the Admin Associate in the Physical Fixed Assets exercise in moving furniture, removing torn tags, and placing new tags, etc.
- Switch on/Off the solar and electricity power in the building before and after staff attendance in the office.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Basic education Level.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 6 years of experience in
- Good understanding of English and Arabic communication skills
- Arabic and Basic English.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Business acumen,
- Providing logistical support,
- Managing data,
- Managing documents, correspondence and reports,
- Managing information and workflow,
- Planning, organizing and multi-tasking,
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.