Position Title: National Procurement Officer
Job classification: NO-B
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: One-Year Fixed-Term with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 1,577,572 per annum net of taxes
The Manila Supply Chain Unit (MSCU) is responsible for implementing the policies and assist with training and dissemination of procurement best practices. MSCU provides advisory, back-office, and field support procurement services on IOM’s projects implemented worldwide, both regular and emergency-related. Among others, it provides guidance and advice on IOM’s procurement policy, e.g. it assists missions in developing procurement strategies, reviewing solicitation documents, proposals and contracts.
To ensure procurement activities are conducted in line with IOM procurement rules and regulations, IOM requires an independent review of the procurement process to specific procurement cases prior to a contract award. The Procurement Process Review is an integral part of internal controls through which MSCU exercises an advisory role to the authorized officials in performing their procurement‐related responsibilities under the IOM Procurement policies, regulations, and rules. The PPR is carried out by the MSCU Compliance and Training Team, located in the Manila Administrative Center (MAC). The team also contributes to the design and delivery of professional training and development activities relating to procurement and assisting missions worldwide in their supply chain training needs and dissemination of the best practices.
Under the direct supervision of the Head, MSCU the National Officer will lead a compliance team, whilst discharging her/his duties and in doing so s/he will supervise staff in the general service category. The successful candidate will assist the Head, MSCU in creation of effective and efficient compliance procurement monitoring and control mechanism in line with the IOM procurement policies and regulations valid for all IOM Missions world-wide, and will actively contribute in relevant procurement knowledge management and capacity building activities of the MSCU.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or any related field from an accredited academic institution; or
- Completed bachelor’s degree with two years of relevant professional experience in procurement and logistics, international vendor sourcing and contract negotiation of which one-year experience in UN system or multinational organization.
- Professional experience in procurement and logistics, international vendor sourcing and contract negotiation of which one-year experience in UN system or multinational organization.
- Extensive knowledge in SAP;
- Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office and other applications such as PowerPoint and Visio;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints; accurate and detail-oriented;
- Specialized trainings on procurement and logistics an advantage.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 02 March 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-0232022-vn-0232022-national-procurement-officer-no-b-manila-global-administrative
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.