Job Identification : 9294
Locations : Kyiv, Ukraine
Posting Date : 03/20/2023, 08:49 AM
Apply Before : 04/03/2023, 05:48 PM
Job Schedule : Full time
Grade : SB3
Vacancy Type : Service Contract Holders
Education & Work Experience : Bachelor’s Degree – 3 year(s) experience
Job Category : Monitoring & Evaluation
Under the overall direction and supervision of the UNFPA Programme Analyst on Youth/HIV, Programme Associate provides technical assistance and support to coordination and implementation of Youth/Gender programme activities, ensuring the monitoring and evaluation aspects of the program and YWBI project are performed to the highest standards and will work in close collaboration and coordination with other program analysts, project coordinators and project M&E associates and assistants.
S/he is responsible for managing the assigned programme tasks in the following areas:
- effective and efficient analytical and administrative support to development, coordination and implementation of youth/gender targeted and youth engagement activities under Youth/Gender Programme and Youth Well-Being Index Project;
- support to timely and quality reporting and monitoring of all youth/gender stream activities;
- advocacy support and facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe, and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025) reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths, end unmet need for family planning, and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments to accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. In accordance with the organizational mandate and national development priorities of Ukraine, UNFPA implements a country program of technical assistance to Ukraine for 2018-2022 (extended till the end of 2023) and UNFPA Humanitarian Response Plan. Among several priorities, the country programme seeks to contribute to evidence-based and inclusive national and subnational policies and programmes for young people that advance sexual and reproductive health, reduce risks and vulnerabilities, expand opportunities, and promote youth participation for the full realization of their potential, including in humanitarian settings. Since the start of the large-scale military invasion of Russia into Ukraine in February 2022, UNFPA implements a comprehensive nationwide Humanitarian Response Plan to provide life-saving GBV and SRH services to women and girls across Ukraine, and address humanitarian needs of young people, as well as strengthen their capacities to be effective humanitarian actors.
UNFPA is seeking highly-motivated candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in CO programme results.
- Assist in supporting the development of monitoring and evaluation plan including indicators’ logframes for UNFPA Youth/Gender Programme and Youth Well-Being Index Project and implementing partners’ activities.
- Monitor compliance with such plan, in the framework of established policies and procedures for Youth/Gender Programme and Youth Well-Being Index Project as per the Country Office (CO) results’ framework and individual project log-frames.
- Ensure that proper monitoring and evaluation processes occur at all levels.
- Ensure that UNFPA sectors and cross-cutting themes are monitored effectively (e.g. trends in the areas of youth empowerment, participation and development) and integrated in respective reports, briefing notes, project proposals
- Support the compilation of information, reports’ and proposal development processes in timely manner.
- Ensure the capacity of staff and partners in relation to UNFPA Youth/Gender Programme and Youth Well-Being Index Project monitoring and evaluation is improved, and knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO is facilitated.
- Contribute to financial monitoring of the UNFPA Youth/Gender Programme and Youth Well-Being Index Project.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop systems, processes, mechanisms and tools for the collection of data on the performance of services, projects and initiatives of the UNFPA Youth/Gender Stream, including Youth Well-Being Index Project; manage Youth/Gender Programme knowledge database;
- Manage data collection process by the UNFPA Youth/Gender Stream, including Youth Well-Being Index Project, UNFPA IPs and relevant partners engaged in the implementation of the project;
- Serve as coordinator and a focal point for Youth Wellbeing Index project, ensuring proper function of existent YWBI online platform;
- Coordinate and oversee activities of YWBI project, build strong cooperation with local authorities, business and other partners;
- Coordinate all work-related process and activities with new potential municipalities as well as all activities with municipalities where YWBI is already being implemented;
- Assist in planning, coordination and realization of YWBI trainings and YWBI events;
- Monitor UNFPA’s project and country programme activities on youth empowerment, participation and development by keeping a close record of activities and expenditures, revision of logframes, work plans, calendar of events and result matrix to track the progress towards indicators in close coordination with programme, communications and operations teams;
- Proactively assist in gathering, structuring and analysis of information regarding legal and socio-economic environment of the country programme youth component, implementing partners, government authorities, local civil society organizations and other counterparts, which may be of use to the programme for informing decisions and communications etc.;
- Support in project data analysis and visualization, produce data visualization reports;
- Conduct needs assessment: as appropriate, design of data collection forms, ensuring that the purpose and use of all data collected is clear, questions are simple and user friendly, easily collectable, highlighting where potential problems might arise; organize and manage the data input and initial analysis and presentation of data for the programme;
- Prepare periodic progress reports and disaggregated data inputs to UN Info/UNTF/UNYWG and document lessons learnt and challenges ensuring cross-team coordination and data exchange;
- Assist with knowledge and analytical products development through collection and analysis of raw data for newsletters, web products and infographic materials; contribute to developing and design of the knowledge products;
- Monitor the assistance provided by UNFPA to implementing partners paying attention to quality of activities and tracking the progress, prioritize the collection of accurate and complete age and sex-disaggregated data in particular to understand how conflict related conflict context impacts individuals differently, in terms of prevalence, trend;
- Provide administrative, procurement and finance support to Youth/Gender Programme in accordance with UNFPA rules and regulations and relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Assist with Youth/Gender Programme procurement and planning, ensure procurement is in accordance with UNFPA Procurement Procedures;
- Perform field visits to monitor implementation of the Youth/Gender Programme and YWBI Porject activities and ensure the quality and accuracy of the collected or reported data, provide regular feedback and recommendations to programme staff on impact measurement.
- Provide technical support to the Youth/Gender Programme staff at all stages of interventions implementation to ensure quality information and data management;
- Collaborate with UN YWG, UN agencies youth focal points to facilitate data collection and reporting including on humanitarian interventions, share information as appropriate and identify and gather information from other clusters which can inform UNFPA response;
- Perform other duties as may be required by the Country Office, Regional Office and HQ.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience of working in the field of programme/project support service, managing information, data analysis, monitoring or related area;
- Ability to analyse information, identify trends and explore correlations;
- Demonstrable commitment to gender-sensitive practices of information and data management;
- Good knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods of social research, including experience in developing and analysing surveys will be a strong asset;
- Strong ability to compile and holistically analyse diverse datasets, including visualising results of the analysis;
- Experience in handling web-based management systems;
- Excellent writing skills in English and Ukrainian;
- Proficiency in MS Office package, Google applications, advanced Excel and Google Sheets skills (e.g. pivot tables, functions, etc.) is essential;
- Understanding of GIS, geospatial systems and techniques and ability to collect and organise data to support their production (potentially to be produced by others) will be an asset;
- Knowledge of humanitarian-development nexus and/or areas related to the UNFPA mandate (gender-based violence, sexual and reproductive health, population and development, gender equality) will be a strong asset.
- Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences, Journalism, Sociology, Information Technology, Data Management, Data Analysis, International Relations, or in the area of social studies, ciences, humanitarian affairs, political science.
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.