National Human Resource Officer (Talent Acquisition Regional Focal Point) (2 vacancies)
Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Job classification : National Officer
Grade : NO-B
Duty station : Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Location : Manila
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Closing date : 27 Mar 2023
Duration of Assignment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Salary : Php 1,577,572.00 per annum net of taxes
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Integrated Talent Management, direct supervision of the Head of the (Global) recruitment unit, and in collaboration with the Human Resource Officer and relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will coordinate and monitor candidates search, assessment and selection providing end-to-end services from the initiation of requisitions to the on-boarding of the new hire. The selected candidate is expected to serve as a bridge between the Global recruitment and selection team and hiring offices reconciling the need for flexibility with the requirement for compliance.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Oversee and review the day-to-day work of the Recruiting assistants. Track and follow-up on recruitment requests/ staffing requirements and selection processes in the assigned region.
- Partner with hiring offices in the assigned region to help anticipate bottlenecks and keep the target in terms of recruitment metrics.
- In close coordination with the Head of Recruitment, advise hiring managers and selection panels on complex issues.
- Contribute to process improvement and the development of talent- related processes, practices, and strategies especially those pertaining to building and nurturing talent pipeline in their assigned region.
- Conduct planning/intake meeting with hiring managers to identify, understand key requirements and discuss sourcing approaches especially on hard to fill jobs; review draft of vacancies before posting and advise on appropriate posting channels.
- Liaise with recruitment sources with a view of attracting qualified candidates particularly from non-represented member states; develop sourcing techniques to enhance candidate pools for specialized jobs, review the effectiveness of candidates’ sources and suggest new avenues; Lead sourcing and attraction activities, with the support of the HR Officer.
- Work closely with hiring managers to influence effective recruiting approaches and set realistic expectations on time to fill positions and candidates pool quality. Support on identifying diverse selection panels; facilitate panel preparedness and support the panel in identifying assessment methods and relevant competency-based interview questions.
- Manage candidates’ expectations and keep them engaged with the aim of improving the overall candidate’s experience throughout the process.
- Supervise a team of Recruiting Specialist and assistants and ensure compliance throughout the talent acquisition chain.
- Provide advisory services to countries under their portfolio on recruitment and selection for all category of staff.
- Support the development of knowledge and information management related to recruitment activities. Produce/ maintain knowledge products (repository, SOPs, templates, etc.) to facilitate replication of good practices and learning within the Team. Train/coach new staff and contribute to continuous capacity-building for existing staff in the Team.
- Provide input to the preparation of periodic statistical reports. Prepare special reports, briefs and presentations in the area of recruitment. Provide support in collecting information for internal and external audits, verification requests, etc.
- Ensure a consistent, fair and transparent application/implementation of recruitment and HR policies within the assigned region.
- Keeps abreast of best practices and related technological tools and participates in the definition of revised or new business requirements for existing Applicant Tracking System.
- In coordination with the head of Recruitment Unit, drive talent attraction projects to support broader strategic initiatives.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant experience.
- University degree in the above fields from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience
- Working experience in fast-paced environments is required;
- Experience in talent acquisition, talent management, staff development, performance management.
- Experience in supervising a team is required.
- Experience in sourcing and attraction, and recruitment marketing.
- Experience in supporting roles in a global shared service center or multi-countries operations supervising a team is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Oracle Recruiting is desirable.
- Familiarity with the UN common system or similar systems is an advantage.
- Managerial experience in a recruiting firm with extensive focus on sourcing is considered a clear advantage
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports;
- Ability to design and implement innovative HR programs within a fast paced, evolving, and wide organizational setting.
- High degree of cultural awareness; sound analytical skills; resilience
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues, proactively formulate advice and analysis, draw conclusions and recommendations on a wide range of HR-related matters
- Ability to exercise the highest level of discretion and tact;
- Excellent client orientation, and interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Excellent ability in building and nurturing networks;
- High degree of computer literacy is required; good knowledge of MS Office suite, SAP, Success Factor or other applicant tracking system
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
Inclusion & respect for diversity
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
Integrity & transparency
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Demonstrates individual responsibility for defining and delivering on the Organization’s priorities.
- Delegates authority to match responsibilities, and holds staff accountable for agreed-upon commitments.
- Consistently assumes responsibility for Divisional or Departmental actions by explaining successes, failures, and proposing remedial actions.
- Invests significant time in creating a culture of accountability and responsibility by using experience and advice to guide others.
- Clearly and simply communicates the IOM mandate and seeks opportunities to represent the organization externally to promote its mandate.
- Communicates confidently, commands attention and respect when speaking, and projects credibility.
- Influences others and negotiates effectively through a persuasive, flexible approach.
- Keeps staff informed of decisions and directives of senior management and communicates them in a manner that ensures understanding and acceptance.
Managing and sharing knowledge
- Promotes the development and use of organization-wide knowledge sharing systems that capture all relevant information from sources inside and outside of the Organization.
- Leads in defining and prioritizing the Organization’s knowledge needs.
- Establishes and fosters a culture that encourages change, innovation and continuous learning.
- Encourages and supports others to be innovative and actively generates new perspectives on own and team’s work.
- Advocates for collaboration across the Organization and creates collaborative systems and integrated processes to achieve Organizational goals.
- Builds consensus for task purpose and direction with colleagues at all levels.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of partnerships and takes action to enhance their effectiveness.
- Identifies and breaks down barriers to cooperation within teams, and between teams, units, sections, divisions, and organizations.
- Challenges self and team to deliver high quality results, in line with Organizational goals.
- Leads and facilitates work planning, alerting those involved of potential obstacles and helping to identify suitable alternative options as needed.
- Persuades management to undertake new projects and services that benefit internal and external clients; uses performance standards to monitor projects.
- Tailors organizational targets to meet changing demands in the external environment.
- Proactively develops strategies to accomplish objectives and empowers others to translate vision into results.
- Provides clear vision, direction and purpose and charts a clear course to achievement.
- Does not accept the status quo; drives for improvement and change, inspiring others to embrace it.
- Builds positive influence across the wider organization and strategic relationships with external stakeholders.
Empowering others & building trust
- Encourages individuals to take initiatives and responsibility for putting new ideas/activities into practice and making them work.
- Supports teams to succeed, devoting dedicated time to empowering people through coaching and mentoring and sharing expertise/knowledge.
- Inspires enthusiasm and a positive attitude in people towards their work and contribution to the Organization’s success.
- Promotes autonomy and empowerment throughout the Organization.
Strategic thinking & vision
- Always works with an orientation to the future, encouraging others to consider the Organization’s medium and long-term strategy when setting departmental objectives.
- Steps back from operational issues to focus on a long-term direction for the area of responsibility.
- Identifies strategic issues and risks that may impede the delivery of the Organization’s strategic objectives and addresses concerns in a timely manner to gain buy-in from stakeholders.
- Generates and communicates broad and compelling organizational direction inspiring others to pursue that same direction.
How to apply
Interested applicants may send their applications to email@example.com no later than 27 March 2023. VN Number and Position Title (VN 054-055/2023 – National Human Resource Officer (Talent Acquisition Regional Focal Point)) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and an offer will be made following the confirmation of funding.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.