Position Title: MSCU Assistant – Item Master Data
Job classification: Ungraded
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term-Ungraded
Salary: Php 50 000 per month net of taxes
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Today, IOM operates in 400 offices across more than 100 countries, with an operating budget of approximately USD 1.8Bn in 2018, mainly through member states contributions and donor funding. IOM is currently undertaking an institutional review of key business operating processes under the initiative Internal Governance Framework (IGF), with supply chain management (SCM) identified as one of the initial pilot areas.
The overarching goal of strengthening the supply chain management within IOM is to foster scaled synergies through strategic sourcing and collaborative partnerships, to boost procurement and supply chain efficiency along with effectiveness with regard to programme and project delivery, resulting in operational excellence..
Under the overall supervision of the Head, Manila (Global) Supply Chain Unit (MSCU), the direct supervision of the Team Leader, Compliance and Training Support Service and the secondary supervision of the Business Analyst, Supply Chain Division (SCD), the Supply Chain Assistant will provide day to day MSCU support by performing and managing assigned tasks associated with the data management and training support, monitoring of MSCU service performance, troubleshooting and process support to the business, handling the MSCU mailbox and all incoming and outgoing communication.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Handle MSCU mailbox and all incoming and outgoing communication, respond to logged queries and problems resulting in the delivery of appropriate solutions to meet business needs and within global MSCU Service Level Agreement (SLA) timeframes;
- Develop and maintain a strong business working knowledge of all SCM ERP implemented modules’ capabilities in order to effectively utilize all capabilities and mitigate downstream impacts;
- Provide support in response to global initiative activities led by the SCD, such as process and system improvements, ongoing system configuration, and system upgrades, testing, troubleshoot and support in resolving errors in master data, etc.
- Participate and support the SCD and MSCU teams during global business process improvement activities;
- Support and participate in data maintenance activities (i.e., manage inactive, duplicate and missing records, etc.) as required;
- Provide weekly updates to MSCU Head on the logged MSCU tickets and procurement cases, its statuses and lead times;
- Process requests for creation, maintenance and/or deletion of codes in the Material Master Data in the ERP and integrated systems, in coordination with relevant units/departments and users;
- Document commonly asked questions and providing input to the knowledge database.
- Provide back up support for Vendor Registration function in MSCU, if required.
- Act as MSCU training support focal point, maintain records and statistics, collect feedback, and assist MSCU Head in developing relevant training materials as needed
- Handle reporting requirements, both internal and external (including but not limited to the preparation of annual statistical reports, period if MSCU reports, etc.);
- Using tools such as Power BI , maintain data quality dashboards and scorecards for master data and spend reporting;
- Monitor and perform analysis on procurement-related transactions, with the aim of contributing to the continuous improvement of business processes;
- Monitor compliance of data governance policy documents and standard operating procedures and assist in the updates of such documents, if needed;
- Contribute to key procurement and supply chain initiatives on continuous improvement process such as data management tool and collaborate with internal stakeholders as necessary.
- Undertake other duties that may be assigned from time to time which are commensurate to the position.
- University degree in Business Administration, Management, Supply Chain, Information Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed high school degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Trainings, diploma courses on procurement (at least CIPS Level 2 or similar) and logistics an advantage.
- 1-2 years operational experience in a service centre environment, or equivalent experience in an analyst position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain or procurement reporting.
- Proven ability to deliver results whilst building internal and external customer satisfaction.
- ERP SAP or Oracle experience is advantageous, but not essential.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment with the ability to complete tasks independently.
- Proficiency in ERP (SAP, Oracle or similar) , Power BI, , MS Office applications such as Word, Power Point and Excel is a must
- Knowledge of other IT applications such as Visio is desirable;
- Excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under time constraints, accurate and detail-oriented; Ability to work effectively with different levels within and outside the organization and with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 03 February 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/dr-0032023-dr-0032023-mscu-assistant-item-master-data-ungraded-manila-global
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.