WHO WE ARE
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP’s values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: UN World Food Programme (WFP) and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
- WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse, and multicultural working environment
- WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, coaching, mentorship, and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities
- A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across the various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe.
- We offer an attractive compensation package (please refer to the Terms and Conditions section)
BACKGROUND AND JOB PURPOSE
Knowledge management in this day and age is an essential part of the regional architecture of the Regional Bureau Latin America and the Caribbean based in Panama (RBP) for the World Food Programme (WFP). This includes the systematic management of the regional knowledge including mechanisms to create, share, and use them within the organization as well as outside of the organization.
These initiatives will require WFP’s increased engagement in knowledge and innovation management. Additionally, WFP will require to keep promoting a culture of knowledge and innovation to optimize efforts across teams, better position itself and contribute to improved delivery of services and operational effectiveness. The incumbent will provide support to strengthen internal knowledge management capacity, promote an agenda of innovation, and facilitate institutional initiatives related to the mentioned agendas.
Under the direct supervision of the Special Assistant to the Regional Director, the consultant will have the following responsibilities and based on the products to be delivered:
1. Lead the development and implementation of the multi-annual knowledge strategy for RBP considering lessons learned and best practices of the RBP Information & Knowledge Management (IKM) Plan ensuring the following:
- A visionary approach balancing current needs and upcoming global demands and needs.
- Streamlining of reports and processes to minimize duplication of efforts.
- Use of latest trends, innovative tools aiming to promote the use of data for decision making and provide solutions for visualization of data.
- Improve on how to create, access, retain, share, and utilize using standard practices of knowledge management across RBP.
- Promotion of a culture of knowledge sharing that will lead to a culture of innovation.
- Liaises with key units and teams including at the Country Level such as learning and development, technology, information, communication, management, and others to ensure proper inclusion of strategic and technical aspects.
2. Develop and lead to the regional implementation of institutional initiatives related to knowledge management and innovation opportunities ensuring proper communication across teams to achieve goals and agreements at RBP level.
3. Design and implement knowledge management products when appropriate for different teams, in particular, those that are key flagships aiming to promote optimization of efforts and effective externalization and internalization of knowledge.
4. Liaise with WFP headquarters (Innovation and Change Management Unit) when necessary to keep promoting institutional initiatives to improve the way RBP works using the latest trends.
5. Promote an agenda of innovation across teams through the use of agile methodologies when necessary.
6. Provide support to Country Offices to enhance knowledge and innovation management.
7. Provide Senior Management with briefs, updates, talking points, and other materials to advance knowledge and innovation management activities to strengthen internal capacities and support RBP activities.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree in Business Administration, Communications, Public Relations, Social Sciences Innovation or other relevant studies.
Experience: Candidate should have more than five years experience on knowledge and innovation management. Previous experience with international organizations is desired.
Languages: Fluency (level C) in English and Spanish language. French is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Candidate should have strong communication capabilities, proven analytical skills and demonstrate excellent writing skills, including the ability to summarize. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate teamwork. Ability to plan effectively and deliver in line with established deadlines and priorities. Effective organizational and planning skills to ensure set objectives are achieved within agreed timeframes. The candidate should demonstrate the ability to work effectively with personnel from diverse backgrounds.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT
1. WFP multiannual strategy implemented for 2023, including documents, reports and summaries, and other key materials developed with internal units and external agencies related to the agenda of knowledge and innovation.
2. Plan for the 2023 knowledge and innovation plan aligned with the multiannual strategy.
3. Good practices and lessons learned are collected and properly shared to facilitate unit integration, country exchange and strengthen UN collaboration that includes proper standards and agile methodologies.
4. Information collected, data analysed, and knowledge products drafted in coordination with the Management team with synergies with all units.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Number of openings:1
Based in: Panama City, Panama
Type of Contract: International Regular Consultant
Level: CST II
Duration: 11 months
Successful candidates will be placed in a roster for two (2) years.
Consultants are recognized authorities or specialists in a specific field and whose services are utilized in an advisory, consultative, or demonstrative capacity.
Deadline: December 30,2022
How to apply
Please following the link to submit your application: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=178996&company=C0000168410P