WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Our employees reflect a wide range of socioeconomic, cultural and religious
affiliations within their countries, including people with disabilities.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the largest humanitarian organisation delivering food assistance to over 90 million beneficiaries in 80 countries on a yearly basis. With over 5000 trucks, 50 ships and close to 100 planes on the move every single day, WFP, together with its partners, operates a global network to deliver life-saving food assistance to the most hard-to reach places.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, working towards achieving a world with zero hunger. Since the beginning of the Ukraine refugee crisis in February 2022, WFP set up operations in Moldova to assist in the refugee response. To respond to the deepening vulnerabilities of the crisis-affected populations and to strengthen the government shock-responsive capacity, WFP has drafted a Transitional Interim Country Strategic Plan (T-ICSP), which outlines the activities in the country for the next year (September 2022 – August 2023). To support the implementation of the T-ICSP, WFP Moldova is seeking to fill the position of IT Operations Officer to lead the IT Unit of the Country Office in line with strategic directions of work agreed with counterparts and Government of Moldova.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Lead the delivery of efficient TEC services to enable WFP Moldova Staff in their day-to-day operations. And manage the deployment of IT/TC systems aligned with business needs, in accordance with WFP corporate standards.
- Plan and monitor the TEC budget requirements for new and ongoing projects according to established corporate procedures and requirements.
- Act as TEC governance focal point to ensure the WFP Moldova Office(s) are compliant with the WFP corporate standards.
- Manage the IT equipment movements on the Global Equipment Management System and strengthen the capacity of WFP focal points in Moldova.
- Manage the Incident management system for the WFP Moldova.
- Provide advice to managers and users, understanding and resolving issues, and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them.
- Maintain coordination and communication with internal and external counterparts i.e., UN agencies in Moldova and ensure interagency communications channel(s) are established.
- Deliver onsite and remote IT capacity assessment and support missions across Moldova.
- Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, aligned with Regional and wider WFP strategy, policies, and processes to meet the food assistance needs of beneficiaries within the Country.
- Where necessary, deliver core administrative services, working with contractors and following standard processes to provide cost-effective, quality, and timely services to WFP staff.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP can quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
The incumbent should have at least five years of relevant professional experience including:
- Has proven experience analyzing service management results and developing service enhancement recommendations.
- Has experience implementing IT and telecoms systems in emergencies.
- Experience and advanced training/courses in the following disciplines:
- Microsoft Windows server, O365, SharePoint, and Windows 10 and 11.
- Network protocols, devices, and IT security, CCNA certification is desired.
- Knowledge of database administration, backup, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of emergency response principles.
- Knowledge of Incident Management solution and core principles (ITIL certification is desired).
- Strong communications and presentation skills.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, organize his/her own daily planning and reporting.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Advanced university degree in Computer Science or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese (a WFP working language).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position: IT Operations Officer
Type of contract: CST I
Duty station: Chisinau, Moldova
Duration: 11 months
Application deadline: 22 February 2023
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Application deadline: 22 February 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
How to apply
Application link: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=437265&company=C0000168410P