IT Analyst, Engineering
Job #: req21724
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Information Technology
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): English
Closing Date: 4/28/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank consists of two entities – the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA). It is a global development cooperative owned by 189 member countries. As the largest development bank in the world, the World Bank provides loans, guarantees, risk management products, and advisory services to middle-income and creditworthy low-income countries, and coordinates responses to regional and global challenges. Visit www.worldbank.org.
ITS Vice Presidency Context:
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in a sustainable way by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 150 locations.
Our vision is to transform how the Bank Group accomplishes its mission through information and technology. In this fast-paced, ever-changing world, the formulation and implementation of the ITS strategy is an ongoing, iterative process of learning and adaptation developed through extensive consultations with business partners throughout the World Bank Group.
ITS shapes its strategy in response to changing business priorities and leverages new technologies to achieve three high-level business outcomes: business enablement, by providing Bank Group units with innovative digital tools and technologies to transform how they deliver value for their clients; empowerment & effectiveness, by ensuring that all Bank Group staff are connected, able to find information, and productive to accelerate the delivery of development solutions globally; and resilience, by equipping the Bank Group to provide risk-based cybersecurity and robust data protection for a global network and a growing cloud platform.
Implementation of the strategy is guided by three core principles. The first is to deliver solutions for business partners that are customer-centric, innovative, and transformative. The second is to provide the Bank Group with value for money with selective and standard technologies. The third principle is to excel at the basics by providing a high performing, robust, and resilient IT environment for the organization.
The ITS Enterprise Services unit, provides a wide range of technical services: data centers, system administration, database, middleware, cloud, enterprise monitoring and identity and access management.
We provide a meaningful, open, and collaborative environment. We have many interesting problems to solve, providing you an opportunity to develop your skills while contributing to the mission of the bank. We value teamwork, openness, curiosity, and persistence.
Infrastructure Security Administrator, responsible for the design, development, implementation and operations of enterprise infrastructure security solutions.
Main responsibility of this position is listed below:
- Manages the product lifecycle of infrastructure security to assure operational stability and security compliance.
- Receives security data and analyzes the compliance of installed technologies.
- Proposes and implements any required security changes, including identifying and planning for any resulting impacts on other services
- Prepares reports on a monthly/quarterly basis for project metrics, SLAs, and achievements.
- Continues to develop expertise in the security domain, and seeks to expand their knowledge into other areas of the infrastructure security.
- Resolves recurring problems and documents appropriate procedures.
- Documents new procedures in a clear and concise manner.
- Provides technical guidance to team members, as appropriate.
- Operate infrastructure security with focus on compliance and attention to existing or new threats.
- Complete work assignments independently with limited support keep the management appraised of status and strategy.
Specific Activities Include:
1.This position as an Infrastructure Security Administrator will perform a combination of security design, development, and implementation work, as well as security testing and implementation of new products or enhancements to current products.
2.Responsible for the support of the production environment ensuring the appropriate security policies and standard methodologies are implemented and carried out on-prem and in AWS and Azure.
3.Configure, implement, and maintain all security platforms and their associated software: CyberArk, TripWire, UKM (SSH), Active Directory, IDM, Guardicore.
4.Daily triage and update/resolution of tickets generated by ServiceNow ticketing system and respond to inbound phone and electronic requests for technical assistance.
5.Ensure security standard processes are implemented through auditing of various infrastructure services like servers, VMware, storage, backup and access management.
6.Monitor security advisories for new vulnerabilities and assess the impact to the Bank’s operational landscape.
7.Assists, when needed, with detecting, tracking and investigation (forensics) of possible security breaches, provide meaningful data and reports to the management and the office of the CISO of potential exposures and consequences.
8.Interact with security product providers to resolve operational issues.
9.Participate in audits, as needed, producing necessary documentation, reports, and explanations, and implement corrective and preventive action plans approved by unit managers.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 2 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good understanding of Host-based firewall, Intrusion protection, Data Integrity, and Vulnerability Scanners.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP and network protocols.
- Good understanding of CyberArk and SSH/UKM Framework.
- Working Knowledge of Deep Security and software based micro segmentation tool like Guardicore.
- Knowledge of handling security posture in AWS EC2, Azure VM, ECS, Lambda, IAM, AKS and other cloud services.
- Experience in environments supporting RDS, Azure SQL, IAM roles, policies.
- Good Knowledge in Python or PowerShell scripting.
- Some exposure to Disaster/Recovery and system backup subject area.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.