JOB TITLE: Logistics Consultant (Capacity Strengthening & On-demand Service Provision)
TYPE OF CONTRACT: CST I / P3
DURATION: 11 Months
UNIT/DIVISION: Supply chain
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Bujumbura, Burundi
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 28 February 2023
ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority)
The Logistics Officer will be responsible for leading supply chain capacity strengthening activities and overall service provision operations. He/She will report to the Head of Supply Chain and will be responsible for the following activities:
- Contribute to the development of a capacity strengthening portfolio/roadmap for supply chain, describing how WFP will provide the Government and partners with technical expertise for the development of an efficient and effective supply chain management system.
- Perform a wide-ranging analysis of projects related to Government priorities in supply chain management, identify gaps / shortcomings where WFP’s expertise can support the government’s activities and consolidate findings in comprehensive projects’ implementation plans.
- Support resource mobilization initiatives to maximize effectiveness of supply chain operations. Contribute to fundraising activities/ financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommendations – for both WFP and relevant government institutions – to ensure support is achievable/sustainable.
- Contribute to both government and WFP preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations and guidance to quickly respond and deploy food/resources at the onset of the crisis or emergencies.
- Coordinate the production and implementation of tailored capacity strengthening training modules on supply chain management, as well as training of trainers and monitoring of training implementation.
- Build and maintain productive partnerships with key counterparts amongst government institutions (such as Ministry of health, Ministry of agriculture, CAMEBU, NTB committee) and other national organizations, UN agencies, NGOs and private sector to share operational knowledge contributing to coordinated and cost-effective supply chain operations.
On-demand Service Provision
- Ensure efficient, timely and transparent delivery of services to partners in line with procedures and policies, with special emphasis on quality control, loss prevention, risk mitigation and cost effectiveness.
- Liaise with WFP relevant units including Logistics and Finance in order to organize and manage the operational and administrative aspect of the service provision (revenue monitoring, fee recovery, etc).
- Ensure the necessary assets are available or deployed in line with the operational needs, and that business & technical issues are identified and escalated to RBN Focal Point for solution.
- Maintain weekly and monthly reports and information as required by the partners and WFP management and track all service requests received and executed for records.
- Represent WFP at key supply chain meetings, assess potential new services, proactively identify partner supply chain constraints, and proposes solutions through WFP where comparative advantage exists.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Detect capacity gaps, delays, and Country Office risks in service provision and address them as needed, in consultation with CO Partners stakeholders RBN Focal Point.
- Ensure first-level technical advice and guidance to CO staff, ensuring activities are timely & consistently managed (captured in the systems), and support them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Any other business as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced University degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Experience evaluating and selecting service providers and third parties.
- Experience identifying transportation operations risks and maintaining documentation on emergency logistics preparedness.
- Experience determining with Supply Chain actors best transport modality/timing and liaising with agents and suppliers to meet deadlines.
- Experience preparing and managing transport and project budgets.
- Experience managing integrated air, sea, and land transport operations.
- Experience supervising professional staff.
- Experience in working in insecure and difficult environments.
- Experience working with interagency partners to assess and coordinate emergency/non- emergency response.
- International Professional: Fluency (level C) in French and English language.
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to create an E-recruitment account before submitting an online application, including CV and a letter of interest.
Click the link below to view the assignment detail and start the application process.
- Internal Link: Click here to apply
- External Link: Click here to apply
Visit http://www.wfp.org/countries/Burundi to learn more about WFP’s operations in Burundi.
WFP seeks candidates ofthe highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of the position is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Female applicants and person with disability are encouraged to apply.