JOB TITLE: Consultant –Performance and Compliance Management
CONTRACT TYPE: Regular Consultant
DUTY STATION (City, Country): N’Djamena, Chad
DURATION: 11 Months
NOMBRE DE POSTE : 1
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Provide expert advice to CO management and staff on risk & compliance issues and creation of viable control environment to support operational efficiency.
- Provide assistance in ensuring that the use of all WFP resources is in conformity with approved CO strategic plans/project plans and donor funding agreements.
- Provide advice on enhancement and/or initiate establishment of adequate internal control systems including performance and risk management systems, monitoring and oversight plans and support their implementation.
- Contribute to the development of compliance Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for managing the risk and compliance function, including criteria for conducting risk and compliance missions, training materials and modules, etc. following the best international practices.
- Undertake periodic and ad hoc reviews independently or with relevant managers in country and field offices to assess effectiveness of the internal controls, identify risk areas, assess the potential for fraud and corruption in operational activities and recommend required actions to the relevant units or management level.
- Facilitate accountability across functional units, prepare comprehensive reports and formulate sound recommendations on required actions in areas of compliance vulnerability including procedural and regulatory amendments.
- Review and provide advice on internal policies and procedures and monitor their consistent and correct application.
- Undertake timely follow-up of the implementation of audit, evaluation and other oversight bodies’ recommendations and associated management actions.
- Act as a focal point and/or support the designated Performance and Risk Management Champion (PARC) in the CO for annual performance planning and reviews, risk assessment and updating of CO risk registers, including operational level risk registers and progress towards implementing the risk mitigation actions.
- Prepare periodic progress reports on the status of compliance and internal controls in the office.
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
- Assess information/training needs, and prepare and deliver training programmes or information sessions for managers and staff in CO to enhance compliance with WFP policies, rules,regulations and procedures.
- Supervise staff and provide to them training and technical guidance.
- Other as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Advanced University degree in business/public administration, finance, accounting, international development, audit or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience and/or training/courses in performance and risk management or others related field.
- Minimum three or more years of experience in programme/project management
- Has conducted monitoring and reporting activities, demonstrating Knowledge of results in hierarchy, performance metrics and measurement
Fluency (level C) in English and French
How to apply
Link for Internal Candidates: https://performancemanager5.successfactors.eu/sf/jobreq?jobId=301746&company=C0000168410P
Link for External Candidates: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=301746&company=C0000168410P