IOM works in the five broad areas of migration management: migration and development, facilitating migration, regulating migration, addressing forced migration, and the implications of climate change on migration. Cross‐cutting activities include the promotion of international migration law, policy debate and guidance, migration dialogues, protection of migrants’ rights, migration health and the gender dimension of migration. It also supports and contributes to the global and regional frameworks and processes including the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development, Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regional Migration.
The IOM Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) in Bangkok, Thailand covering 40 countries across the Asia and Pacific region; https://www.iom.int/asia-and-pacific. The key responsibility of the ROAP is to formulate regional strategies, processes and programmes in line with the overall priorities and policies of the Organization and to provide strategic and programmatic guidance and support to countries within its region.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Regional Policy and Liaison Officer (SRPLO) the intern will support the Regional Policy and Partnership unit for smooth implementation of the day-to-day activities.
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support the implementation, follow up and review of the Global Compact for Migration and the Regional UN Network for Migration in Asia and Pacific core and thematic workstreams in accordance with the Regional Workplan.
- Support the Unit’s development and maintenance of knowledge management platforms, including stakeholder database for the Regional Network for Migration in Asia and Pacific and internal Policy and Liaison Unit databases.
- Undertake and support the development of information and briefing materials including info sheets and quarterly newsletters, presentations, compilation of good practices, concept notes and reports by researching on issues and topics as assigned.
- Assist in planning and organization of meetings, seminars, and workshops, including the preparation of background papers, presentations, tracking, and note-taking as required.
- Assist in coordinating with internal and external stakeholder including Country Offices, UN agencies and other international organizations, Civil Society Organizations, academia, private sector, trade unions, media, faith-based organizations, parliamentarians, and others.
- Support the Unit’s coordination with Inter-state coordination mechanisms (ISCMs) including with ASEAN Secretariat and relevant bodies.
- Provide administrative support as required.
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via IOM e-Recruitment system within the above said deadline referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.