Position Title: Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Officer
Duty Station: Warsaw, Poland
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 10 April 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) operates world-wide with a target of providing resettlement opportunities to tens of thousands of individuals each year. IOM provides a range of services and support to the USRAP including, but not limited to, case processing, migration health assessments, cultural orientation training, organized transportation and administration of a travel loan and collections programme. The Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE), specifically the Resettlement and Movement Division (RMM), has the organizational responsibility to provide direction, oversight and guidance to IOM’s global support to all resettlement programmes.
Under the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP), the Resettlement Support Center (RSC) provides critical support and processing services for resettlement to the US. As part of an MOU between IOM and the US State Department Bureau for Population Refugees and Migration (PRM), IOM manages the RSC for Eurasia. RSC Eurasia prepares applications for adjudication by and provides support to visiting US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, facilitates security and medical screenings, provides information about arriving individuals to resettlement agencies in the US and offers Cultural Orientation (CO) training to individuals departing for the US.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission Ukraine , the direct supervision of the
Resource Management Officer (RMO) of IOM Ukraine, and the RSC Project Manager, RSC Eurasia as the second manager, and in close coordination with the IT and Communication
Officer based in , the Information Management and Technology Officer, relevant staff and ICT Department counterparts, the successful candidate will provide the necessary Information Technology and Communications (ICT) support to RSC Eurasia (onsite) and IOM Ukraine (remotely).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Supervise mission Ukraine’s ICT team members and coordinate daily activities of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Unit for the mission, ensuring that all requests are addressed timely and accurately, and that all daily operations are in compliance with IOM ICT Standards.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of the IOM Kyiv ICT Unit, as well as other ICT staff involved for the Mission needs, recommend the efficient allocation of resources, set priorities for ICT staff within their areas of responsibility, participate in ICT-related meetings and activities, participate in UN interagency events, and coordinate recruitment processes of ICT staff as required. Ensure the administration, installation and monitoring of operations of all system and network components in Main office and all sub-offices.
- Monitor and control ICT resources, secure the implementation of standard IOM ICT policies and guidelines with regards to network systems, IT security, software licensing, telecoms and ICT procurement, and recruitment of ICT staff within the area of responsibility, when required.
- Technical supervision and coordination of ICT team and IT infrastructure of EUBAM mission, monitoring and administration of mission-critical services, access to Internet in mission HQ and all sub-offices, monitoring site-to-site VPNs.
- Plan for systems upgrades and IT infrastructure changes compliant to latest ICT Standards for the Main and all sub-offices, at IOM Kyiv mission.
- Assist the administration and project staff for the adequate planning and provision of IT resources for IOM Kyiv mission.
- Ensure close interaction with Central Team on deployment of new projects and systems to apply correct procedures and practices to the Mission ICT related areas.
- Coordinate and provide technical support for all projects; develop technical specifications and provide technical assessment of project needs. Participate in the development of new schemes and solutions, test new technical models and hardware to identify key modifications required for project’s needs.
- Supervise installation of systems, network components and software; suggest best technical solutions to achieve required standards while taking into consideration local technical constraints.
- Provide security assessment of the Mission offices at the different locations to analyze security factors, making recommendations for security communications. Provide guidelines for and ensure the implementation of communications procedures to meet staff security needs.
- Provide daily support of RSC Eurasia project on different ICT related areas. Ensure NIST compliance of project ICT infrastructure and different software components. Administration and supervising critical project servers and services according to the project integrity guidelines.
- Administration of RSC Eurasia OU, AD accounts, DLs management, as well as ensure group policies objects appliance.
- Check the proper tracking and mitigation of vulnerabilities according to the latest reports generated by corporate vulnerability assessment system. Report to PRM on monthly vulnerability status and its mitigation.
- Secure the implementation of IOM ICT standards, policies and guidelines, in particular with regard to implementation of network systems, IT security, software licensing, telecommunication facilities and ICT procurement.
- Supervising and daily monitoring of mission-critical services and applications such assite-to-site VPNs, Firewalls, AD, SharePoint, Backup and File sharing services, UniFLOW secure printing, perimeter and attendance control as well as video surveillance systems. Ensuring effective liaison with technical counterparts for the proper functioning and availability of those systems. Assist with end-user training for those systems when required.
- Ensure the required performance and stability of network services and servers, active and passive components of LAN, WAN, Messaging, Internet connectivity, VPNs, VSAT terminals, Wi-Fi controller and access points etc., of both Main and Medical offices, to prevent and minimize downtime or service interruptions, providing monitoring of accuracy and completion of server’s backups.
- Assist in developing ICT Disaster Recovery and Contingency plans for the Mission, as well as for different projects when required. Ensure deploying, compliance and ICT system readiness for uninterruptible operation. Ensure the required performance and stability of network services and servers (LAN, WAN, Email and Internet connectivity, etc.), to prevent and minimize downtime or service interruptions.
- Elaborate, when necessary, ICT training to all end users to facilitate productive use of the ITand Telecommunications resources.
- Provide remote technical support for all EUBAM sub-offices, as well as on site visits when necessary.
- Liaise with ICT service providers and vendors for the adequate provision of supplies and services.
- Supervising of administration and supporting of all mission’s domains and Web resources. Liaise with appropriate hosting and service providers to provide availability of mission sites. Administration, developing and supporting of the different databases when required.
- Administration of the mission’s telephone systems in the Main and sub-offices and providing regular backup of configuration files. Deploy and support of cloud hotline solutions based on Amazon Connect and Teams.
- Ensure the adequate IT infrastructure performance for mission-critical and RSC Eurasia operations applications, corporate applications such as START, MiMOSA, E-medical, PRISM, Intranet etc. Liaise with IMT and other counterparts to ensure technical support and day-to-day issues.
- Ensure the IT infrastructure for the RSC complies with the NIST security standards as required by the donor. In close coordination with USRAP Global Information Security team, document and facilitate in the NIST Audit process for the RSC.
- Facilitate the in-house development of required database information systems to support mission operations, including, but not limited to, data collection, data analysis and reporting and information management requirements facilitation.
- Produce and implement, when necessary, ICT training to end users, data entry operators and enumerators to facilitate productive use of the IT, telecommunications, and information systems in the mission.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Certificate in any of the following: Cisco Certified Network Associates (CCNA), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) (Windows/Exchange Server), Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), is a distinct advantage.
- A certificate in project management (PMP or Prince 2) and\or IT service management (ITIL) isa distinct advantage.
- Experience in the implementation and administration of Microsoft Windows network environment (LAN/WAN) and first-level network/desktop support;
- Experience working with an international organization or an international agency in a field location; supporting emergency, complex/post-conflict mission;
- Progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of computer information systems;
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of database information systems and data processing tools. Knowledge of web-based development and other development tools and reporting, and,
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Microsoft power platform and 365 cloud-based applications and technologies
- Experience working with RSCs and thorough understanding of RSC infrastructure and system requirements
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Operating System, Network\Systems administration, TCP/IP, Telecoms, Network Protocols, Cisco devices, VPN, VoIP, MS Office 365 apps, Antivirus Software, and utilities;
- Knowledge of web-based development, experience in development, and implementation of Microsoft power platform;
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate high level of initiative, perseverance, and professional commitment to achieve high-quality results;
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential data in a professional, responsible and mature manner; and,
- Demonstrated ability to coach individuals, to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues within a team from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Fluency in either Ukrainian, Russian, or Polish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications HERE via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 10 April 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2023 123 Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Officer (P2) Warsaw,
Poland (58041237) Released
Posting: Posting NC58041238 (58041238) Released