Position Title: HR Specialist (HRS Transactions)
Job classification: G-6
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: One-Year Fixed-Term with possibility of extension
Salary: Php 746,790 per annum net of taxes
The Human Resources Administration Unit (HRAU), located in the Manila Human Resources Operations and Administrative Services (MHRO), is responsible for providing the full range of personnel support services pertaining to administration of contracts, benefits, and entitlements to IOM staff in the Professional category and General Service staff in Switzerland.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief, MHRO, and the direct supervision of the Head, HRAU, the successful candidate will provide support to the HRAU Team by helping to address complaints from clients / staff members in line with policy and staff rules and regulations related to HR actions carried out by the unit and by assisting Team Leads in validating lower-risk transactions that have been processed by HR Assistants.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Serve as the focal point in human resources processes and transactions by supporting the Head of HRAU, the National Human Resources Officer (NHRO) (HR Administration), and the Team Leads with the timely resolution of complex cases and complaints escalated by clients / staff members.
- Validate selected transactions in coordination with the NHRO and Team Leads.
- Prepare, review, and update relevant HR reports in coordination with MHRO units.
- Provide inputs to improve HR transactions, processes, reports, and data integrity.
- In coordination with the NHRO and Team Leads, develop and deliver online trainings and webinars to international staff members and develop regular ‘Top Tips’ to inform them of their benefits and entitlements.
- Suggest to the NHRO and Team Leads potential areas in which coaching, guidance, mentoring, and on-the-job training could be provided to HRAU team members based on analysis of complaints from clients / staff members. 7. In collaboration with the NHRO, participate in the implementation of new HR policies and in any activities that lead to enhancements or modifications of HR processes.
- Coordinate with Regional Offices and the Department of Human Resources (DHR) on HR projects. Support ad-hoc projects as requested by the Chief of MHRO and Head of HRAU.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field with four years of relevant professional experience; or,
- Master’s degree in above or related field will be an advantage.
- Experience in Human Resources Management and personnel administration.
- Experience using an ERP system.
- Experience in an international organization, non-government or government organisation in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Supervisory experience is desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of IOM/UN HR procedures and rules is an asset.
- Knowledge of SAP highly desirable.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 03 February 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/vn-0112023-vn-0112023-hr-specialist-hrs-transactions-g-6-manila-global-administrative
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.