WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Are you an experienced in partnership with business owners across multiple areas to establish and manage effective business relationships, provide expert advice and innovative solutions that fulfil business owners needs? If yes, this opportunity is for you!
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications must be submitted by Monday, April 10, 2023 (11:59 PM CET).
WHY JOIN US?
- WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environment
- WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of trainings, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities
- A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe
- We offer an attractive compensation package (please refer to the Terms and Conditions section)
WHO WE ARE
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP’s values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: UN World Food Programme (WFP) and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
The Head of Change and Operational Excellence is located in WFP Headquarters and reports to the Chief of Business Innovation and Change unit (BIU), within the Innovation, Change and Knowledge Management Division (INK). BIU execute projects on behalf of senior leaders across the UN System and has become a trusted advisor to WFP and other UN System Organisations. BIU focus is on end-to-end solutions, including problem assessment, strategy development, advanced data analysis, operational model design, change plan and implementation monitoring.
The Head of Change and Operational Excellence manages change and operational excellence initiatives, leading, motivating, and coaching a team with around 10-15 members to enable high performance. The Head of Change and Operational Excellence works in partnership with business owners across multiple areas to establish and manage effective business relationships, provide expert advice and innovative solutions that fulfil business owners needs. In addition, the Head of Change and Operational Excellence also support overseeing several key corporate initiatives with focus on pursuing process improvements, efficiency, and effectiveness at WFP.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, the Head of Change and Operational Excellence will be responsible for the following duties:
- Lead WFP and other UN System Organisations efforts towards efficiency and simplification through the use of data, including UN Reform implementation
- Lead efforts for organisational redesign, change and agile transformation based on organisational needs and insight from data analysis providing both methodical and managerial supervision;
- Lead data management efforts to enable decision making and to identify opportunities for efficiency and simplification: i. Build and nurture strategic and working relationships with business owners, aligning business needs and priorities for optimization and simplification. ii. Coordinate design and development of customized visualization and presentation products to reveal the findings of analysis for business owners iii. Facilitate data collection and lead analysis within WFP and other UN System Organisations, including data methodology definition and data quality review. iv. Lead complex analysis preparation and execution that enable business intelligence.
- Lead business process redesign and re-engineering efforts for WFP and other UN System organisations to ensure organisational processes are efficient and effective.
- Lead roll-out and scale-up of new processes to enable WFP and other UN system organisations to achieve efficiency and simplification
- Support WFP Country Offices, Regional Bureaux and HQ and other UN System Organisations efforts towards operational excellence, including cultural change a. Provide recommendations and develop strategies to improve operational excellence levels and cost management practices across the organization. b. Lead WFP efforts to collect and report best practices to improve efficiency and effectiveness. c. Lead other UN System Organisations efforts to collect and report best practices to improve efficiency and effectiveness. d. Advise Chiefs and Division Directors on process improvement and optimization
- Support executive Director, Departmental, Divisional and Field key optimization and efficiency initiatives / projects a. Advise Division Director / Chiefs, other divisions, and field offices on prioritization of key WFP optimization and efficiency initiatives / projects. b. Support discussions with senior managers/ Directors in other divisions, regional bureaux, and country offices to align on objectives, activities, timelines and outputs for Change Agenda, as applicable. c. Provide direct conceptual, analytical and project management support. d. Drive designing process and advise initiative owners in future implementation plans.
- Manage and motivate a medium-sized team (10-15 personnel), providing coaching, training and guidance to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Other accountabilities, as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Business or Economics.
At least 8 years of progressively responsible national and international experience in a business-related position of which at least 6 years of experience in a top-tier Strategy / Management Consulting firms and at least 6 years of experience in UN System. Experience in a leadership role in strategy/ management consulting and project management is essential. Experience in data analysis, organisational change and business innovation in development/humanitarian sector is required.
Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese (a WFP working language).
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Successful experience in leading and actively coach a medium-sized team to enable high performance.
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative; Ability to produce high-quality written materials, including graphically based PowerPoint presentations as well as documents.
- Knowledge of data analysis life-cycle from ingest to analysis and visualization to present findings.
- Ability to interact with senior leaders with maturity and tact conveying complex / difficult data analysis to business owners in a relatable manner.
- Collaborative spirit able to liaise with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility and diplomacy.
- Takes pride in the work for the WFP and understands the impact that can be brought into the organization by allowing data-driven and evidence-based decisions.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to plan, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully, and to work to tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Fully committed and motivated to achieve the aims of the World Food Programme
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
These are the common standards of behaviour that guide HOW we work together to accomplish our mission.
Leads by Example with Integrity
Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork
Applies Strategic Thinking
Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships
Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others
Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change
Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth
Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things
Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives
Different expectations of behaviour are defined depending on your grade and role/responsibilities within WFP.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Mobility is and continues to be a core contractual requirement in WFP. This position is however classified as “non-rotational” which means the incumbent shall not be subject to the regular reassignment process unless the position is reclassified as rotational. The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. This position is open to both internal and external candidates.
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable)
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language
- Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter
- Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time
- Please contact us at email@example.com in case you face any challenges with submitting your application
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.