Position Title : Graphic Designer
Duty Station : Home-based
Classification : Consultancy
Type of Appointment : Consultant Contract (2 months)
Desired Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : March 21, 2023
Reference Code : CFA022/2023
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
1. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
IOM Thailand’s Labour Mobility and Social Inclusion (LMI) unit works to foster the synergies between labour migration and development, and to promote legal avenues of labour migration as an alternative to irregular migration. Moreover, LMI aims to facilitate the development of policies and programmes that are in the interest of migrants and society, providing effective protection and assistance to labour migrants and their families. Key LMI interventions include policy advice and capacity-building in labour migration management; protection of workers throughout the labour migration process; promotion of ethical recruitment and decent, including supply chains management; information-sharing and awareness-raising; and migrant training and integration.
LMI in IOM Thailand carries out various regional programmes related to Migration, Business and Human Rights (MBHR), in addition to a number of initiatives carried out directly in partnership with private sector actors. Through these programmes and initiatives, IOM aims to enhance migrant workers’ access to their human and labour rights and promote their fair and ethical recruitment and employment, for instance through carrying out ‘migrant centered human rights due diligence (HRDD) assessments, and strenghtening the capacity of private sector actors to address the risks of labour exploitation, forced labour and human trafficking of internal and international migrant workers in daily operations and global supply chains.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer and Project assistant, in close coordination with the Media and Communications Unit, the graphic designer will be tasked with developing the layout and design for a study report prior to their publication. The objective of the consultancy is to contribute to creating a report that is creative, engaging, reader-friendly, and effectively transforms data findings into digestible infographics. The consultant is further tasked with ensuring report designs are in line with IOM branding as well as current IOM publications guidelines and standards.
2. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The consultant is required to submit the layout of the estimated 90-page report ‘International Labour Migration in a Changing Climate’ by 15 April 2023, including the editable file.
3. REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree/higher from an accredited academic institution
- Professional experience in graphic design and illustration.
- Personal background/experience as a migrant is desirable.
- Experience working with an international or intergovernmental organization is an advantage.
- Experience working on issues related to migrant and vulnerable populations is an advantage.
- Capacity to work independently with minimal supervision
- Personal commitment, efficiency, and flexibility
- Gender-sensitive, culture-sensitive, and able to work with colleagues from different cultural backgrounds
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is required.
4. DESIRABLE COMPENTENCIES
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to the IOM Bangkok Human Resources Unit at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by March 21, 2023 at the latest.
Kindly indicate the reference code CFA022/2023 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include:
a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability
b) a curriculum vitae
c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form which can be downloaded from https://thailand.iom.int/sites/g/files/tmzbdl1371/files/documents/IOM%20Personal%20History%20Form%20with%20Declaration.xls
d) a quotation (Note: Consultancy fees are inclusive of bank transfer fees for bank account outside of Thailand)
e) a sample of your previous design works
Posting period: From 07.03.2023 to 21.03.2023