The work of the Programme Office in Bishkek focuses on a range of security issues including countering terrorism, border security and transnational threats such as human trafficking, to developing the country’s regions, strengthening efforts to combat corruption on all levels, as well as supporting the reform of the justice sector, implementation of election reform, gender equality and building open and resilient societies. Within this context, the Politico Military Department, which implements the project, covers a broad variety of tasks related to addressing degraded SALW and CA physical infrastructure and poor stockpile management and security practices that further increase security and safety risks due to potential pilferage, sabotage and unplanned explosions. The post is located in the Fund Administration Unit (FAU) within the OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek. It is an extra-budgetary (ExB) post within the project “Improvement of SALW and CA Life-Management Capacity of Ministry of Defence of Kyrgyz Republic” that is currently envisaged to last three and a half years (January 2023 – December 2025).
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Finance Assistant will be responsible for preparing project budgets in OSCE and EU formats; effecting payments in connection with projects as per authorizations sent from the donors and the Secretariat; monitoring withdrawals from project funds.
Under the overall supervision of the National Finance Officer, the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
- Advising project management team on financial matters and ensuring the project budget monitoring, including analysis, balances, and proposals for replenishments;
- Responsible for proper processing of payment for goods and services, as well as ensuring accurate implementation and recording of all staff entitlements, and preparing VAT submissions, communicating with vendors/suppliers and tax authorities on any questions related to VAT;
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the general ledger and supplier/customer inputs and proper recording, and issuing and examining financial documents (receipts, invoices, etc.) and monitoring all project transactions;
- Monitoring the approved project budget continuously to ensure that expenditure is in-line with approved activities and does not exceed budgeted amounts, and maintaining Project handler files collecting and filing necessary Project related information;
- Preparing relevant financial reports (including Donors’ financial reports) for Senior Management and providing the necessary supporting explanations and analysis regarding the status of project budget implementation;
- Ensuring the availability of necessary financial resources and certifying funds for expenditure in-line with the Financial Regulations and Financial Instructions, controlling Donors’ requirements when certifying funds.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE POiB, please see: http://www.osce.org/programmeofficeinbishkek
- Completed secondary education, supplemented by specialized training or formal studies in accounting, finance or related field;
- Minimum four (4) years of working experience in accounting, finance and/or administration, part of which should preferably should have been in an international environment; For this vacant position, a first-level university degree may be considered as a substitute for one year of working experience, an advanced university degree for two years of working experience;
- Established organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Computer literate with practical experience in Microsoft Office and project/task management software applications;
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Analytical and quantitative skills, preferably related to finance matters;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and Russian and Kyrgyz languages.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 899.66 Euro/month. Social benefits will include Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
- Issued by: OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek
- Requisition ID: KYR000015
- Contract Type: Local Contracted
- Grade: G5
- Job Level: General Services
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: KYR – OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek, Bishkek
- Issue Date: Mar 7, 2023
- Closing Date: Mar 28, 2023
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
- Target Start Date: as soon as possible