Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Human Resources Assistant
Duty Station: San Salvador, El Salvador
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: January 13, 2022
Reference Code: VN2022/061SV – EXT
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the National Human Resources Officer in San Salvador and direct supervision of the Senior Human Resources Assistant; and, in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the Human resources functions in San Salvador and Guatemala.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordination of recruitment processes, including but not limited to, providing guidance to hiring managers on preparation of Terms of Reference, drafting and posting Vacancy Notice/Special Vacancy Notice, screening and shortlisting applications, drafting interview protocols, preparing and administering written tests, taking part in interview panels as assigned, drafting candidates’ assessment forms, conducting reference checks, preparing job offers, administering recruitment mailbox, etc.
- Carry-out and coordinate pre-employment activities such as preparation of Entry On Duty (EOD) documentation and collection of supporting documentation, coordination of EOD medical exams and follow-up with Health Insurance Medical Services (Manila
or Panama) on medical clearance, coordinate enrollment in insurance plans as appropriate, coordination and delivery of induction sessions, arrangement for security briefing, etc.
- Perform assigned role(s) in PRISM HR paying special attention to data consistency and accuracy; input and maintain data based on approvals and supporting documentation; verify eligibility for allowances and other benefits, monitor and follow up on contractual situation and entitlements, and initiate prompt actions and generate reports, contract extensions, personnel actions and other related documentation.
- Perform the role of Time-keeper in PRISM; monitor, maintain, update and reconcile leave quotas based on supporting documentation; generate, edit and analyse leave- related reports; respond to questions concerning leave administration; guide staff on request and approval procedure in PRISM.
- Carry-out a wide range of Human Resources actions, including but not limited to preparation of documentation for separation, classification, reclassification, promotion, disciplinary cases, etc. and coordinate with the Regional Office, Administrative Centers and Human Resource Management in Geneva as appropriate.
- Prepare all reports on personnel matters and submit timely to concerned parties; draft and review routine correspondence, letters, certifications, etc.; open and update personal files, create and maintain a systematic way to archive Human Resources documents (electronic and hard copies). Update and maintain electronic and physical archiving systems in the unit including personnel files with all supporting documentation, recruitment files, Human Resources policies, regulations, guidelines and manuals, internal controls, etc.
- Assist in monitoring compliance with the Staff Evaluation System and follow-up with staff and supervisor as needed; facilitate compliance by providing technical guidance on the use of the system.
- Organize Human Resources events including staff development and training activities in coordination with the Staff Development and Learning Unit and maintain updated records.
- Provide information to staff on their entitlements and responsibilities in line with IOM regulations, instructions and procedures. Respond to standard inquiries and refer the most sensitive/complex ones.
- Identify areas for improvement and highlight them to the supervisor; provide inputs for new procedures to complement or to adapt existing ones taking into consideration the specific needs of the office. Assist in analyzing and resolving sensitive cases by collating background information, preparing summaries and sharing best practices.
- Participate in inter-agency Human Resources related working groups as assigned.
- Provide guidance and training to new/junior staff in the unit.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
- High School diploma with five years of relevant experience; or, – Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field with three years of relevant professional experience. – Working Experience in Human Resources – Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non- government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
Skills · Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E- mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way; – Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and, – Ability to use own initiative and work under pressure with minimum supervision – Strong interpersonal and communication skills – Self-motivated and objective driven – High Sense of confidence, initiative and commitment
Thorough knowledge of English and Spanish (oral and written)
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible. – Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct. – Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results. – Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes. – Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work. – Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com by January 13 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Any offer made to the candidates in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
KEEP IN MIND:
- The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
- The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
- Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
- Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
- This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
- The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.
From 29.12.2022 to 13.01.2023