Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Project Specialist, Project Management
Duty Station: San Salvador, El Salvador
Classification: General Service Staff, G6
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term Contract (OYFT) with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: January 13, 2023
Reference Code: VN2022/013 SV – Extension
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) operates world-wide with a target of providing resettlement opportunities to tens of thousands of refugees each year. IOM provides a range of services and support to the USRAP including, but not limited to, case processing, migration health assessments, cultural orientation training, organized transportation and administration of a travel loan and collections program. The Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE), specifically the Resettlement and Movement Division (RMM), has the organizational responsibility to provide direction, oversight and guidance to IOM’s global support to all resettlement programs.
Under the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP), the Resettlement Support Center (RSC) provides critical support and processing services for resettlement to the US. As part of an MOU between IOM and the US State Department Bureau for Population Refugees and Migration (PRM), IOM manages the RSC for LA. RSC LA manages US resettlement activities in Latin America Countries and the Caribbean. RSC LA prepares applications for adjudication by and provides support to visiting US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, facilitates security and medical screenings, provides
information about arrivals to resettlement agencies in the US and offers Cultural Orientation (CO) training to individuals departing for the US.
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Mission, El Salvador, and the direct supervision of the Project Manager, RSC LA, the Assistant to the Project Manager will provide overall support to the work of the Project Manager, RSC LA and will be responsible for the following functions:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Organize the activities of the office of the Project Manager, RSC LA, including arranging and/or scheduling appointments, managing the calendar, and handling duty travel for the Project Manager and Deputy Project Managers, including the preparation of relevant briefing kits, travel authorizations, hotel reservations, transportation arrangements, visa requirements and security clearances.
- As requested, handle incoming correspondence and documents for the Project Manager and Deputy Project Managers, including registering correspondence, preparing responses to communication, ensuring the accuracy and correct formatting of outgoing diplomatic and routine correspondence, and translating, interpreting and drafting correspondence for the Project Manager.
- Assist in the management of RSC-related information, including maintaining a phone number, extension and office number database, maintaining a staff database, updating the staff organizational chart with pillar, unit, title and reporting lines, regularly monitoring staffing data to ensure adherence to the USRAP standardization, ensuring the relevant server drives are organized and contain updated Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), reports and other important documents, and assisting with SharePoint updates and management.
- Provide liaison and coordination support for all logistical and administrative matters between RSC visitors and responsible IOM El Salvador units and staff, including support in requesting visas, transportation, hotel arrangements and office working space.
- Provide liaison support to the Project Manager and Deputy Project Managers in relation to their liaison duties with government officials, embassies, UN agencies, other organizations and representatives of the media.
- Serve as a channel of communication between the Project Manager, Deputy Project Managers and other units of the IOM El Salvador mission as needed, including distributing and/or relaying messages from the office of the Project Manager and Deputy Project Managers to/from mission staff.
- Coordinate extensively with the IOM El Salvador logistics and procurement team, as well as with other entities such as security colleagues, building management and external service providers, in relation to RSC purchase orders, facility requirements, the construction of new office sites and moves.
- In coordination with the Project Manager and Deputy Project Managers, liaise with IOM El Salvador HR team members in relation to recruitment-related matters such as the issuance of vacancy notices, interview panels, interview schedules, selection paperwork and the onboarding and separation of RSC staff members. Communicate with the HR team as needed to clarify questions from the Project Manager or Deputy Project Managers.
- Assist in organizing special events, including IOM-facilitated workshops, seminars, symposia and conferences. In this capacity, handle logistical and administrative details such as completing forms for the finance department, identifying event venues, arranging event materials and technological requirements, preparing and disseminating
agendas and event details, corresponding with event organizers, facilitators, speakers and attendees, communicating about the event within and outside of the IOM mission, and liaising with government and facility officials as needed.
- As needed, participate in relevant internal and external events related to RSC and USRAP activities, including seminars, workshops, meetings and conferences, and represent the Organization at gatherings of governmental and non-governmental entities. Record and disseminate event notes and track action points when requested.
- Provide project development support to the Project Manager and Deputy Project Managers including collecting, filing and sharing information as requested, reviewing and editing reports, proposals and other documents, and liaising between the Project Manager, Deputy Project Managers and the Compliance team on special projects.
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all RSC-related information by implementing control procedures in line with USRAP standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert RSC management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by RSC staff members.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed secondary education required with six years of working experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or related field with four years of working experience
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel and Internet
- Experience working with international cooperation and humanitarian organizations is an advantage
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel and Internet
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations
- Being able to handle heavy workloads efficiently with minimal supervision, in the midst of a multitasking environment and understanding the importance of close teamwork.
- Ability to use own initiative
- Attention to detail and ability to organize
- Self motivated and objective driven
Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible. – Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct. – Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results. – Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes. – Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate. – Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work. – Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13.01.2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Any offer made to the candidates in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
KEEP IN MIND:
- The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
- The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
- Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
- Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
- This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
- The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.
From 29.11.2022 to 13.01.2023