ESMAP Communications Consultant
Start Date: March 27, 2023
Express Interest By: 3/14/2023
Topics: Not Available
Business Function: Not Available
Skills: Excellent writing skills;Communication, social media, blogs;Excellent computer skills, proficiency in using standard World Bank technology packages, e.g., Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet, Excel, etc.;
Language Skills: English
Assignment Location: United States
VPU: Energy ＆ Extractives
Contact Person: Lucie Cecile Blyth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Task Description: The ESMAP is seeking to recruit a short-term Communications Consultant to support the ESP external communications activities with a focus on: planning and coordination of the ESP product launches; social media (Twitter & LinkedIn); newsletter; and audio-visual products.
- Working with a video producing team to create audiovisual products to promote the ESP, including a 5-minute video documentary about the ESP, and additional 2-minute video documentaries about the ESP support to WB projects and the impact of the ESP knowledge products on its partners.
- Elaborating a photo gallery from our ESP Meetings, the ESP-supported WB energy storage projects, and the ESP Partners.
- Writing scripts for video voiceovers and informational videos (text on screen)
- Ability to edit simple videos is a plus.
Social Media and Website
- Managing the social media pages of the ESP (LinkedIn and Twitter).
- Writing and editing content for social media channels. This includes proactively identifying and designing compelling marketing materials, including short videos, infographics, graphics, postcards, and other creative materials (experience using Canva required).
- Establishing key social media metrics; monitor and report on social media results.
- Assisting with developing and maintaining a database of social media influencers and partners for event outreach and stakeholder engagement.
- Supporting the creation of stories that showcase ESMAP’s impact and knowledge in the form of blogs, social media posts, and other written deliverables.
- Liaising with the ESMAP Communications team to incorporate the ESP’s social media within the Energy Global Practice’s social media plan.
- Transforming complex, technical topics and datapoints into digestible, compelling messages for audience consumption.
- Crafting communication launch plans that (i) increase the ESP’s visibility (ii) carry the ESP’s key messages (iii) highlight the ESP’s mission and high-level impact.
- Monitoring mentions of the ESP in the news (through Google Alerts) and report on mentions.
- Assisting with planning, designing, and implementing the ESP’s presence at high-level events.
- Supporting the creation of talking points on energy storage for World Bank leadership.
- Working alongside ESMAP communications team members to ensure coordination.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a brief statement of interest to ESMAP Senior External Affairs Officer (Communications Lead) Lucie Blyth ( email@example.com) and to the Consultant Alfredo Villavicencio ( firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Tuesday, March 14, 2023.