Purpose of Position Setting
To implement activities related to Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI) and to support WHO country EPI team in providing technical assistance to the ministries of Health
Major Duties and Responsibilities
*Organizational context (Describe the individual role of incumbent within the team, focusing on the intricacy and difficulty of working environment)
The incumbent will work under technical supervision of the Medical Officer – EPI in WHO country office and administrative supervision of the Head of WHO Sub-office in the respective province in close collaboration and guidance of the WHO EPI Officer in the WHO Sub office.
*Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve main objectives; include main achievements expected)
The candidate will perform the following:
- Assist EPI programme in reviewing immunization data received from districts, and implementing data quality improvement plan
- Assist in monitoring EPI performance of districts through use of appropriate indicators and periodic feedback mechanism
- Assist in strengthening integrated disease surveillance including intussusception surveillance, Sentinel surveillance, AEFI surveillance and monitoring surveillance indicators
- Assist districts in planning expansion of EPI fixed center and making them functional to increase service delivery capacity and decrease reliance on outreach service delivery
- Assist state, regional EPI and districts in equity analysis and provide technical assistance in increasing service delivery in low coverage areas
- Assist in developing weekly reports.
- Assist in outbreak investigation, data collection and analysis.
University degree in data management related fields.
Training in EPI, biostatistics, epidemiology.
Professional experience and knowledge
at least 1 years of experience in data management at national or sub-national level.
Working experience with WHO or UN.
Essential: English – Somlai
Describe the core, management competencies required – See WHO competency model – list in order of priority, commencing with the most important ones.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences*
*4. Producing Results
Functional Knowledge and Skill
*Describe the essential knowledge and the skills specific to the position
- Excellent knowledge in analysing vaccine preventable diseases and EPI data, synthesizing information and presenting clear and concise conclusion and recommendations for decision making
- Knowledge of principles, practices, methodology and techniques of immunization program
- Excellent inter-personal and written communication skill
- Strong report writing skill in English.
How to apply
Your application should be sent to the below email address, please indicate the title of the position you have applied in the email subject by close of business Wednesday 05 April 2023. It should include a cover letter & a detailed CV (as one document in PDF format) with your contact details.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.