Position Title: Data Migration Staging Database Specialist (Business Transformation)
Job classification: National Officer
Duty station: Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment: Nine-months w/ possibility of extension
Salary: PHP 100,000 per month net of taxes (All-inclusive)
IOM is undertaking a Business Transformation (BT) process, a priority driven by IOM’s Internal Governance Framework (IGF). IOM has undertaken a global review of its current support and administrative business requirements and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) based process flows to update its systems and establish a fit-for-future set of management methods, policies, controls, processes, and systems globally.
The technology supporting the BT is based on a move to Oracle Cloud ERP, Human Capital Management (HCM), Supply Chain Management (SCM)/Procurement, and Analytics, and away from IOM’s existing SAP ECC6 system, known internally as PRISM.
Under the overall administrative supervision of Director, Manila Administrative Center, the direct supervision of the Data Migration Support Officer (Business Transformation) and, working with the respective BT Stream Leads and Business Analysts, the incumbent will be responsible for working within the MAC-based BT Data Migration Support Unit (DMSU) to directly execute activities as directed to prepare data from existing systems, primarily PRISM, for loading into the target solutions of the Business Transformation.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Collaborate with BT Stream Leads, Business Analysts, SMEs, PRISM Technical Experts, and other subject matter experts to:
- Define data migration source and target data
- Determine business rules to transform source data structures and data elements to the required target
- Define data migration pre and post-load validation reports
- Address any questions / issues that arise during the design, implementation, testing and running of data migration processes
- Define and create data structures / tables to store source, target and extracted loaded data in the data migration staging database (RDBMS)
- Create procedures to import source data into the staging database
- Create queries and stored procedures to validate and transform source to target data, and report errors
- Create queries and stored procedures to create output files for load to Oracle
- Create reports to compare input to output data for pre-load validation; and to ensure traceability, troubleshoot and correct errors as required
- Create import utilities to import extracts of loaded data exported from Oracle
- Create reports to compare output data to extracted Oracle data for post-load validation reports; and to ensure traceability, troubleshoot and correct errors as required
- Support unit testing of data migration processes – importing source data, running transformations, providing output files, providing pre and post-load reports
- Support all test / mock data migration cycles
- Support production cutover data migration
- Coordinate with SAP / PRISM colleagues to obtain data extracts
- Coordinate with Oracle colleagues to ensure clarity and completeness of data migration templates and to address any questions that may arise
- Provide technical inputs to data migration team colleagues of detected data quality issues
- Document data migration scripts / procedures
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in engineering, computer science, information management, business, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working in the business/functional domain for the specific position under recruitment;
- 5 years’ experience working with a relational database management system (RDBMS);
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server is an advantage;
- 3 years’ experience with ERP data migration or supporting a large ERP;
- Experience working with SAP and/or Oracle ERPs is an advantage;
- Experience in IOM and using PRISM, with good knowledge of IOM’s current business processes and understanding of the data being managed is an advantage.
- Ability to design and create tables, import and export data, write queries and stored procedures, transform data, create reports in a relational database management system (RDBMS);
- Proficiency using MS Excel (mandatory) and managing multiple input and output data formats and structures (Excel, CSV, flat files, XML, JSON)
- Ability to analyse data and compare data between systems to look for errors/inconsistencies); and,
- Ability to write/contribute to design documentation.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by 27 February 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: https://careersph.iom.int/vacancies/dr-0062023-dr-0062023-data-migration-staging-database-specialist-business-transformation
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
IOM welcomes applicants from qualified individuals, irrespective of their race, religion, skin, color, nationality, age, disability status, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, mental health status, or any other characteristic.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.