Consultant Radiologist (Teleradiology) (10 vacancies)
Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Job classification : Consultant
Grade : Consultant
Duty station : Manila (Global) Administrative Centre (MAC)
Type of Appointment : Consultancy
Closing date : 18 Apr 2023
Duration of Assignment : Eleven Months
Salary : All-inclusive of USD 2.00 (per individual CXR’s reading and submission to e-Medical)
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
To support the increased Teleradiology Primary CXR reading service for many IOM Health Assessment Program field locations and non-IOM panel clinic.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Review and interpret all digital chest X-rays (CXRs) assigned to her/him using the teleradiology web-application and DICOM viewer software, by correctly identifying radiological signs of TB and other incidental findings, and in accordance with the technical guidelines of the resettlement countries using the country specific X-ray reporting forms.
- Assess quality of chest radiographs to meet optimal diagnostic criteria and make sure that the quality of the images corresponds to the required standards. Request for repeat CXR when the CXR is suboptimal and appropriate additional view when additional views are needed.
- Assess CXR findings of follow-up radiographs of patients on anti-TB treatment, re-medicals, referrals and pre-departure medical screening (PDMS) CXRs and do comparison with previous CXR findings and report the change. If the previous CXR are not in the teleradiology PACS access them remotely to local PACS or request the clinic for the transfer of previous images digital or hard copy images as feasible.
- For Canada, Australia and New Zealand cases, submit the CXR reports to e-Medical websites correctly and timely on the same day.
- Properly use UKTB global web-application for timely reporting CXRs under UKTB immigrant program.
- When there is a need for further other imaging, recommend for further imaging using the system and discuss with the panel physician when needed.
- In coordination with the Global Radiology Coordinator, participate and flexibly fit to the IOM radiologists working time schedule for the Teleradiology Centre according to the caseload and the timing of the missions, and respect to the assigned working the hours.
- Properly respond to queries from Panel physicians on the chest x-ray reports, reviewing the chest x-ray images, and explaining well the chest x-ray findings, and revise the chest x-ray reports accordingly if correction is needed.
- Coordinate with the Global Radiology Coordinator and /or the international radiologist for getting second opinion on CXR findings, for addressing process concerns in the unit and make any recommendation.
- Coordinate with the Teleradiology technical support and medical support staff for solving any technical issues and timely completion the reports of all the assigned chest CXRs
- Coordinate and guide the radiographers and the medical clerks in different country missions X-ray units for optimizing the CXR quality, timely smooth e-Medical completion, getting list of daily schedules and delivery of the reports. Likewise, cooperate for CXR related statistical works as needed.
- Ensure that the radiological reporting is fraud less. Participate in internal and external image quality and CXR reports quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) measures.
- Arrange and make sure back up service is secured when going on leave. If needed, assist in establishing and training backup local radiologists.
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned.
- Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution in Medicine; and post graduate residency training in diagnostic radiology.
- Radiology board Certificate is obligatory.
- Experience on chest radiology; screening CXR reading, experience in pediatric radiology and teaching an advantage;
- Good writing and communication skills;
- Thorough knowledge radiological presentation of tuberculosis;
- Thorough knowledge of the English medical/radiological terminology;
- Good Computer skills and technology friendly
- Experience and Knowledge in software used for Digital Radiography an advantage.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a second official UN language is desirable.
Inclusion & respect for diversity
- Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
- Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
- Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
- Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
Integrity & transparency
- Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
- Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
- Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems, and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
- Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
- Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
- Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Managing and sharing knowledge
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
- Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a “hands-on” approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.