Job Identification : 9111
Locations : Belgrade, Serbia
Posting Date : 03/10/2023, 02:06 PM
Apply Before : 03/25/2023, 03:59 AM
Degree Level : Advanced/Postgraduate Degree
Job Schedule : Full time
Agency : UNDP
Grade : NPSA-8
Vacancy Type : National Personnel Service Agreement
Practice Area : SDG Integration
Bureau : Regional Bureau for Europe and the CIS
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education & Work Experience : Master’s Degree
Other Criteria : Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of relevant experience will be given due consideration in lieu of Master’s degree
Required Languages : English and Serbian
Mobility required/no mobility
no mobility required
Job Category : Communications
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP is the leading United Nations organization fighting to end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Working with our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations to build integrated, lasting solutions for people and planet.
UNDP’s work in Serbia is guided by its Country Programme Document (2021-2025), and the UN-Serbia Development Partnership Framework for 2016-2020, which is in line with the priorities of the Government of Serbia. UNDP assists Serbia to meet its international obligations and requirements for the European Union accession.
UNDP works in partnership with the Government of Serbia, development partners, UN agencies, civil society and local communities to help identify local solutions to meet national and global development challenges. With our expertise we contribute to the development of Serbia by providing support in four key focus areas:
- Inclusive and sustainable growth
- Building and strengthening of accountable and representative governance institutions serving people
- Low-carbon and climate-resilient development and Gender Equality and lives free of violence
UNDP supports countries to tackle complex development challenges and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through SDG integration. In the context of its country programme for Serbia for 2021-2025, the UNDP Country Office (CO) in Serbia, through the SDG Integration (SDGi) Center is scaling up its support for the SDG agenda in Serbia through integrated policy and programming as well as innovation and learning. The SDG Integration Center, established in January 2019, highlights the new #NextGenUNDP approach to tackle complex development challenges and accelerate Serbia’s progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals by implementing integrated solutions. The Center works on cross-cutting initiatives covering a broad thematic area and it is devoted to strengthening old and acquiring new partnerships – from working with the central government institutions to private sector entities and civil society, academia, and media.
The SDG Integration Center is seeking to expand its work and is reorganizing its operations by expanding on horizontal roles and functions. More information about UNDP is available on www.undp.org/serbia
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the SDG Integration Center Team Leader and UNDP Serbia’s Communications Analyst, the incumbent will provide high quality professional communication expertise and assistance in the delivery of the UNDP Serbia Country Office programme, with special focus on the work of the SDG Integration Center and programmatic integration overall. The incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks: External Communications and Visibility:
- Implement UNDP Serbia’s Communications Annual workplan in complementarity with UNDP Serbia Country Office broader strategic priorities.
- Undertake period review and updates of the Communications Annual workplan in consultation with the programme team to ensure its relevance to emerging priorities and needs on the ground.
- Implementation of UNDP Serbia’s Communications Annual workplan.
- Undertake quarterly assessments and analysis to identify the programme’s external communications and visibility priorities in close consultation with the UNDP Serbia Communications Analyst and SDG Integration Center Team Leader.
- Lead the design and implementation of external communications and outreach interventions for the purpose of developing new project proposals and programme’s overall resource mobilization efforts.
- Develop advocacy, visibility and promotional material that are necessary in compliance with UNDP cooperate, guidelines and donor visibility policies and procedures where appropriate.
- Lead the design and development of necessary communications and awareness material/ documentation for wider dissemination and information sharing in coordination with programme beneficiaries and target communities.
- Build partnerships and collaborate & engage with the media to improve programme’s external communications and visibility corresponding to its external communications and visibility strategy.
- Draft talking points, press- releases, case studies/ human stories, policy briefs, video/ documentary scripts to highlight and improve UNDP’s visibility on its achievements/ activities while also ensuring wider dissemination of these materials amongst like-minded audiences within Serbia and beyond. Maintain and regularly update the programme repository/archive of all communications material including photos videos and audios.
- Contribute to the creation of content for UNDP’s social platforms.
- Provide constructive feedback to programme’s progress reporting and related activities on lessons learned and best practices resulting from external communications and visibility activities.
- Conduct orientation/ training sessions on external communications and visibility to programme partners where needed.
- Act as the SDG Integration Center focal point for day-to-day coordination and collaboration with the UNDP Serbia Country Office Communications team and programme teams where appropriate.
- Develop/prepare content material for the UNDP Serbia Country Office website in close coordination with the SDG Integration Center and the Country Office Communications Team.
- Develop/ prepare content for social media platforms relevant to the Programme activities in close consultation with the Programme team and the Country Office Communications Team.
- Draft and prepare internal communications material including blogs, newsletters, and related activities in close consultation with the Programme team and the Country Office Communications Team.
- Act as the SDG Integration Center focal point for all internal communications related tasks.
- Any other relevant tasks assigned by the UNDP Serbia Communications Analyst and SDG Integration Center Team Leader.
- Assist in the drafting of programme updates, development of advocacy/ awareness raising material and related material.
- Assist in the design and implementation of baseline surveys, public perception surveys, impact assessments/ tracker surveys including in the development of survey report templates, design and layout of reports and related tasks.
- Assist in coordinating comments/ feedback from the rest of the Programme team to prepare integrated reports, donor progress reports, various write-ups, meeting minutes and related documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of write-ups/ presentations and related documents including meeting minutes under the overall guidance of the UNDP Serbia Communications Analyst and SDG Integration Center Team Leader.
- Any other tasks related to programme support assigned by the UNDP Serbia Communications Analyst and SDG Integration Center Team Leader
The Communications and Project Support Analyst will be based in the UNDP Serbia CO in Belgrade. The Communications and Project Support Analyst will report to the SDG Integration Center Team Leader (as a primary supervisor) and UNDP Serbia Communications Analyst (as a secondary supervisor).
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements.
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback.
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible.
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident.
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships.
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross Functional & Technical competencies:
- Communication-Business Management
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
- Digital Awareness and Literacy-Business Management
- Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed.
- Knowledge Generation-Business Development
- Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for content, or responsive to a stated need.
- Communications-Campaign Management
- Ability to produce and implement communications and advocacy campaigns which lead to impactful change.
- Communications-Creative direction and copywriting
- Ability to creatively communicate concepts in an engaging and simple way.
- Communications-Media Relations
- Ability to develop media relations across all aspects of media work including relationships with media and preparing media materials such as messages.
- Communications-Multimedia writing/editing
- Ability to create and/or edit written content for multimedia.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in media relations, journalism, publishing or related disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of relevant experience will be given due consideration in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of professional experience in mass communications, media, journalism, tv/radio/electronic media, developing photography/video/infographics materials is required.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting/ writing content for press releases, policy briefs, website/ social media in a clear and concise manner will be an asset
- Strong expertise in using graphic software such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, MS office, CorelDraw, etc. will be an asset. Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications will be an asset.
- Previous experience working with UN agencies / international development organizations will be an asset.
- Fluency in English and Serbian is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries.
- Familiarity with UN/UNDP policies, programme frameworks and procedure specifically related to external and internal communications and visibility will be an asset.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.