Job Identification : 9087
Locations : Istanbul, Turkey
Posting Date : 03/10/2023, 09:46 AM
Apply Before : 03/25/2023, 03:59 AM
Degree Level : Advanced/Postgraduate Degree
Job Schedule : Part time
Agency : UNDP
Grade : IPSA-9
Vacancy Type : International Personnel Service Agreement
Practice Area : Innovation
Bureau : Regional Bureau for Europe and the CIS
Contract Duration : 1 Year
Education & Work Experience : Master’s Degree – 2 year(s) experience
Required Languages : English
Mobility required/no mobility
no mobility required
Job Category : Communications
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The initiative “NGO Empowerment for Poverty Reduction“ (“NGO empowerment”) Program is grounded in the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development, UNDP Digital Strategy, UNDP’s Strategic Plan 2018–2021, and UNDP’s ongoing work to address the challenges in the Europe and Central Asia (ECA) region and in other regions as well, based on the work of UNDP Alternative Finance Lab which is a part of UNDP Innovation Team. This initiative builds on the successes of and lessons learned from two phases of the Transformative Governance and Finance Facility projects, and seeks to support mapping and categorizing NGOs, platform-based approach and alternative finance mechanisms in support of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). A key part of the project is the design, development and implementation of the Tadamon platform – an aggregating platform for crowdfunding campaigns for CSOs, and creation of Tadamon Digital Crowdfunding Academy, online training for NGOs/CSOs and UNDP Country Offices (CO). Tadamon Accelerator is the new activity within the project that will be focusing on 50 innovative CSOs to go through the acceleration program.
A key part of these projects is the design, development, and implementation of the digital crowdfunding training program and campaigns to support UNDP Country Offices. In this context, we are looking for an Analyst on Crowdfunding for Development under the guidance of the Project Manager to support the “Crowdfunding Academy” project through outreach and communication and mentoring crowdfunding campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support implementation of the “NGO Empowerment/Tadamon” project – through capability development on crowdfunding for UNDP and provision on demand support to the design of campaigns;
- Providing mentorship to Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) during preparing and running the crowdfunding campaigns;
- Coordinating data analysis and creating impact stories and having them visible through Tadamon communication channels and network (UNDP COs, strategic partners);
- Coordinating and implementing Tadamon communication activities (events, campaigns, blogposts) through the Tadamon website, social media, and newsletter;
- Strengthening CO personnel from 3-4 countries by providing training on tools and methodologies of usage and implementation of crowdfunding activities (within their specific context).
Coordinating the capacity building programs on crowdfunding – Crowdfunding Academy
- Working closely with UNDP country offices and local partners from OIC Member Countries on developing and implementing country-specific Crowdfunding Academy plans for implementation (language, local partners, topics, capacity-building programs, speakers, and mentors);
- Coordinate partners and evaluate project proposals from civil society organizations (CSOs) submitted on the Tadamon platform for participating in Crowdfunding Academies;
- Organize meetings and support crowdfunding mentors during the training process and implementation of Crowdfunding Academy;
- Generate content, courses, tools, and other relevant materials as necessary for Tadamon platform and e-learning Crowdfunding Academy courses on the Kaya platform;
- Support with the creation of impact and progress reports;
- Ensure the relevant data and impact are collected and verified from the Tadamon Crowdfunding Academies.
Mentorship, development and implementation of crowdfunding campaigns
- Provide mentorships for CSOs during training programs and support the launch of crowdfunding campaigns from OIC Member Countries;
- Support CSOs with the development of high-quality crowdfunding campaigns, with a storyline, pitch, communication messages and storyboard for the video. Work closely with the designer on producing; engaging videos. Interact with diaspora to present campaigns and do resource mobilization;
- Ensure quality assurance for crowdfunding campaigns before launching on crowdfunding platforms.
- Coordination and management of all Tadamon events, publications, web activities, design, and content;
- Develop a Tadamon communication strategy and action plan for the year 2023 based on objectives and following activities to achieve strong outreach and engagement;
- Organize and promote Introductory Webinars and Open Calls for civil society organizations in OIC Member Countries that endorsed the Program;
- Support UNDP COs to boost Tadamon visibility within their network and partners;
- Working closely with an Illustrator and Graphic Designer and Website Specialist in developing visual communication for the Tadamon website, social media, and newsletter;
- Organize and promote Tadamon monthly webinars – Tadamon talks on social media, website, and newsletter;
- Coordinate how the data and impact stories are presented on the website, social media and blog posts;
- Ensure that all campaigns, news, events, and other communication activities related to the program are hosted on the Tadamon website: https://tadamon.community/;
- Monitor and report communication activities and provide inputs through the Program reports.
Analyst on Crowdfunding for Development will carry out relevant duties under the guidance and direct supervision of the “NGO Empowerment” Project Manager.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 2: Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making
People Management Competencies
UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
Cross-functional and Technical Competencies
- Communications – Online fundraising and appeals
- Ability to plan and use online and mobile technology and software to engage audiences and raise funds
- Business Development – UNDP Representation
- Ability to represent UNDP and productively share UNDP knowledge and activities; advocate for UNDP, its values, mission and work with various constituencies
- Business Management – Communication
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
- Communications – Digital strategy
- Ability to plan the use of resources through digital channels to reach and engage target audiences effectively and to achieve particular objectives
- Digital & Innovation- Social Media
- Knowledge of social media and ability to advise the use of social media for development outcomes
- Communications – Campaign management
- Ability to produce and implement communications and advocacy campaigns which lead to impactful change
- Communications – Marketing
- Ability to communicate the value of a product or service
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in the field of business, economics, gender, energy, environment or international development is required.
- Minimum two (2) years of working experience in the field of crowdfunding, innovative financing models, and alternative financing-related fields is required.
- Experience in supporting at least 10 crowdfunding campaigns is required.
- Experience in organizing events and webinars is required.
- Experience in planning and implementing communications plans or crowdfunding campaigns is an asset.
- Having conducted at least five (5) training programs and educational on crowdfunding and campaign management participants is an asset.
- Previous experience working with non-profit organizations (NGOs) and civil society organizations (CSOs), is an asset.
- Previous work experience with UNDP or an international organization is an asset.
- Excellent English language skills (written and verbal) are required.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
- Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.