- Nature of the consultancy:
Category A Consultancy: Support the development, delivery and implementation of the CCCM Program in Pakistan for the floods response through development of implementation and monitoring plans, technical tools and guidelines, partnerships, as well as provision of capacity building for staff and implementing partners.
- Project Context and Scope:
Since the mid of June 2022, up to 33 million people have been affected by severe monsoon weather. The storms and heavy rains have caused widespread flash floods and landslides, with severe repercussions for human lives, property, housing, and infrastructure. Estimates range from 20 per cent of water systems to be damaged in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, 30 per cent in Balochistan and up to 50 per cent in the hardest hit areas of Sindh and Punjab provinces. Limited access to water and disruption of water distribution networks have increased the risk of unhygienic practices, leading to waterborne diseases.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, and the direct supervision of the Senior Emergency and Post Crisis Coordinator, the successful candidate will contribute to the development and implementation of a CCCM project portfolio in Pakistan and ensure effective implementation of IOM CCCM operations within the country.
- Organizational Department / Unit to which the Consultant is contributing:
Emergency and Post Crisis Division
- Category A Consultants: Tasks to be performed under this contract
- In coordination with the Senior Programme Coordinator, lead the implementation of the CCCM programme to guarantee that scope, budget, time and quality are in accordance to CCCM standards, different projects specifications, donor requirements and IOM rules and regulations.
- Identify, develop, manage and implement project/programmes opportunities and activities, in partnership with relevant authorities in relation to displacement population in displacement sites or return areas.
- Supervise IOM camp management field teams providing technical expertise and guidance, ensuring workplans are on track, and standards are applied in all workstreams.
- Ensure the development and implementation of a CCCM Capacity Building strategy for the relevant national and local authorities in coordination with CCCM CB Specialist based in HQ.
- Represent CCCM udpates, needs, and gaps in the Shelter/NFI Sector meetings gathering critical information from the CCCM Working Groups in Sukkur and Hyderabad.
- Represent IOM in different sectoral and technical working groups as well as other coordination mechanisms as required; liaise with other HRRU units to ensure alignment of approaches and cohesive response in the field.
- In coordination with RMU, oversee the selection and recruitment of project staff; supervise and guide staff working under relevant projects and establish the necessary staffing strength and profiles relevant to the implementation of the activities in the thematic areas.
- Work with Program Support Unit (PSU) to prepare and review donor and other reports before submission to the Regional Office/PRD; elaborate general and/or specific information on program activities as requested by donors/external parties, IOM Missions, the Regional Office, Headquarters and other relevant counterparts.
- Develop relevant reporting and monitoring tools with the CCCM Information Management assistant for effective and standardised site monitoring activities, assessments, field visits, and coordination meetings.
- Participate in appropriate coordination and operational inter-agency mechanisms.
- Undertake travel and perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Performance indicators for the evaluation of results
- Successful delivery of on-going CCCM activities in Sindh province – Pakistan
- Signed partnerships and implementation agreements with nationl and international NGOs.
- Delivery of implementation plans
- Education, Experience and/or skills required
- Master’s degree in Development, Political or Social Sciences, Law, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Travel required
This consultancy is based in Islamabad – Pakistan with expected frequent domestic travel
- Experience in CCCM coordination, operations, and capacity-building activities for at least five (5) years.
- Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with national and international institutions;
- Familiarity with project and resource management;
- Sound and proven understanding of internal and international IDPs standards, best practices, issues and related issues;
- Knowledge of the region is an advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail:
Applications should include:
· Cover letter
· Curriculum vitae
· 2 writing samples, optional (relevant topic of your choice)
From 04.01.2023 to 17.01.2023