WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, offer, training, or any other fees). Offers of WFP employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. WFP does not concern itself with information on bank accounts. Any requests for such payment or information should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action and to WFP for its information.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. In 2022 alone, WFP assisted more than 140 million people in over 120 countries and territories. WFP’s efforts focus on emergency assistance, relief and rehabilitation, development aid and special operations. WFP Mozambique is working with the Government and humanitarian partners to strengthen the resilience of the Country’s most vulnerable population and to map a more prosperous and sustainable future for the next generation. The Country Office also supports programmes that use food assistance to empower women, transform areas affected by climate change and keep children in school.
This position is located in WFP Mozambique Country Office based in Maputo, Under the direct supervision of the Procurement Officer, Job holders at this level are responsible for completion of a range of procurement processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. He/she shall perform and apply appropriate processes, procedures and policies that support the efficient and effective procurement services.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable. Experience: Two or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work. Language: Fluency in both written and oral communication in English and Portuguese Languages.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Has worked on procurement activities.
- Experience conducting analyses and developing reports.
- Experience working with suppliers or other third party on day to day basis
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive)
- Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support Professional staff in the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations.
- Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, to enable the procurement of goods and services on time.
- Compile data, prepare and distribute documents, to support successful procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Prepare Purchase Orders and any supporting documentation for approval by the relevant delegated authority, to enable the swift purchase of goods and services.
- Collate and present information in standard formats, to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
- Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
- Provide technical support to colleagues and Requesting Units to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORDK – OUR BEHAVIOUR MATTERS
- Leads by Example with Integrity
Lives WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others
- Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change
- Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork
Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth
- Applies Strategic Thinking
Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyze options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things
- Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships
Builds and nurtures external partnerships & collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of Contract: Service Contract – Level 4
Duty Station: Maputo
Duration of Contract: 12 months (with a possibility of renewal)
Please note that this role is open to Mozambican nationals only.
Interested and qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
APPLICATIONS INSTRUCTIONS AND DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Please attach a copy of your national ID or national passport when applying.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
28th March 2023
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.