WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Management/Programme) Grade: SC-5 Type of contract: Service Contract (SC) Duration: 12 months Duty Station: Manila, Philippines Vacancy Number: 620891 Date of Publication: 14 March 2023 Deadline of Application: 28 March 2023 (11:59 PM)
This vacancy announcement is for Nationals from CO (Philippines).
Terms and Conditions:
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary (around Php 43,000++), leave, social security plus a medical insurance (relevant links).
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
Reporting to the Deputy Country Director (DCD), the Business Support Assistant (BSA) is responsible for providing executive administrative support to the DCD and the Head of Programme (HoP).
The BSA will also work in close coordination with the Programme staff and other internal clients and provide administrative support to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions and agendas
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. The Business Support Assistant is expected to produce organized and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
Within the assigned unit and delegated authority, the Business Support Assistant (Programme) will be responsible for the following duties:
- In-charge of a variety of administrative tasks for the DCD including but not limited to managing an active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondences including confidential documentations; arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries and agenda including preparation of briefing materials for use on official trips or special meetings;
- Facilitate the DCD’s interaction with various external partners through written, verbal, and electronic communication, and through collaborative and proactive relationships with counterparts and colleagues in partner offices;
- Meet and greet officials/visitors;
- Ensure protocol matters, receive high ranking visitors/officials, coordinate logistical arrangements related to visits.
- Receive, support and log correspondence, reports, etc. and forward to the appropriate officer; maintain a log in system and follow up to ensure that replies are timely or that action is taken with the established deadline;
- Provide support to the HoP in organizing in-person/online meetings, processing and managing routine administrative, procurement and financial tasks, to contribute to the effective and timely management of Programme Unit resources.
- Act as the secretariat for programme meetings, internal cash working group meetings, vendor management committee meetings (programme) and other meetings as necessary.
- Gather information and inputs from relevant staff, to support the drafting of documents and preparation of reports and power point presentations.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Maintain and organize up to date files for easy access and retrieval; ensure safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
- Provide support to the Country Director (CD) during the absence of the Business Support Associate; and
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary education is required. Bachelor’s degree in business administration or other degree related to the area of work is an asset.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience with administrative, secretarial, or programme experience;
- Experience working with government, embassies and other international organizations is a plus.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and multimedia. Thorough knowledge of modern office methods.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with Top management, internal colleagues, external partners and donors.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
Language: Fluency in in English and Filipino, both oral and written communication
All WFP Employees are expected to demonstrate the competencies and standards of behaviour aligned with our core values and defined in the WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK, namely:
- Leading by example with integrity,
- Driving results and delivering on commitments,
- Fostering inclusive and collaborative teamwork,
- Applying strategic thinking,
- Building and maintaining sustainable partnerships.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via ( https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Request for Disability related Reasonable Accommodations:
It is important to WFP to create an accessible and inclusive workplace for everyone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the selection and hiring process, please direct your request and inquiries to the Diversity and Inclusion team on: email@example.com, cc’ing firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the reasonable accommodation team will contact you to confidentially discuss your needs.
This email is only to be used for any disability related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.