Job Identification : 8700
Locations : Almaty, Kazakhstan
Posting Date : 02/27/2023, 02:11 PM
Apply Before : 03/24/2023, 05:59 PM
Job Schedule : Full time
Grade : G6
Vacancy Type : Fixed Term
Education & Work Experience : High School certificate – 6 year(s) experience
Required Languages : English
Job Category : Administration/Operations/Support
The Administrative and Finance Associate is located in Almaty Office of EECARO and reports to the Project Manager, PD.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Administrative and Finance Associate delivers quality services in administration and support Programme financial aspects to internal and external clients mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. S/he takes a client-oriented results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines, providing support and guidance to the Almaty Office and UNFPA-supported projects.
You would be responsible for:
- Adapts processes and procedures, anticipates and manages operational requirements of Programme/ project inputs under national execution in terms of personnel, sub-contracts, equipment, fellowships, study tours, and other Programme and project-related events to facilitate Programme/ project delivery.
- Prepares and monitors the Field Office administrative budget and ensures financial transactions are in accordance with UNFPA financial rules and procedures.
- Implements corporate systems and applications in support of finance and country office operations, creates systems and mechanisms for effective management of UNFPA resources, and advises and trains project staff.
- Reviews procurement requests and initiates procurement procedures for office and project equipment, supplies and services in a transparent and cost-effective manner; recommends procurement decisions. Contributes to the smooth running of the office by ensuring provision and maintenance of services and supplies following-up processes and maintaining up-to-date inventory and records.
- Provides guidance to functional units on financial accountability within Programme responsibilities and on the effective use of Programme resources.
- Verifies receipt of goods and services, ensuring specification, condition and quantities of goods are correct and paperwork is complete and properly filed.
- Provide support and coaching to IPs for the preparation and timely submission of Fund Authorization and Certificate of Expenditures (FACE).
- Participate in monitoring and spot checks of the IPs expenditures to ensure the compliance with approved budgets and the reliability of the supporting documentation;
- In close coordination with the Programme Operations Support (POS) unit, contributes to the follow-up of the IP’s compliance with audits and evaluation recommendations;
- Ensures that corporate procurement management policies and strategies are adequately applied by IPs in project implementation;
- Provides information needed to respond to audit observations/findings.
- Maintains a central filing system; ensuring consistent use and appropriate archiving of official administrative documents.
- Participates in the identification and formulation of the project work plans with emergency technical team and various partners, revise work plans and prepare tables and statistical data.
- Contributes to the creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices, strategies and approaches of the Almaty Office and drafting relevant materials for dissemination.
- Provides logistical support to projects by coordinating review meetings and other project related workshops and events. To provide logistical, administrative assistance with regards to the planning and implementation of programme office events, meeting and workshops and perform other tasks as required.
- Contribute to verification, certification, reconciliations and year-end processes as required,
- Perform any other duty as required.
Qualifications and Experience: High school with 6 years of relevant experience in administration, finance or office management.Knowledge and Experience:
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Delivering results-oriented programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.