WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
WFP is an Agency of the United Nations and the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger globally. Every single day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. At WFP, we are driven and defined by our mission to fight world hunger, save lives, feed people’s dreams of a brighter future, reduce risk and help enable people, communities and countries meet their own food and nutrition needs. WFP goes anywhere it’s needed and does what it takes to get the job done.
More than 17,000 people are working in WFP world-wide reflecting the rich diversity of the world in which we work. The vital importance of our shared mission underpins a remarkably close community of purpose.
WFP offers life-changing job opportunities you are unlikely to find in other organizations. Working at WFP will give you the opportunity to work beyond your expectations, to be enriched by truly meaningful work and enhance your growth and professional expertise.
For additional information, visit: www.wfp.org
WFP’S HR Technology and Analytics Branch (HRMOI) is responsible for the development and implementation of the HR Technology strategy and Roadmap that enables efficient and effective HR business processes and activities while ensuring compliance with HR Policies and legislative requirements.
Our strategic priority is to create value for the Organization by supporting evidence-based decision making through workforce analytics, reducing administrative burden through automation and self-services, and making life at work better through digital technologies for awesome candidate and employee experience.
The HRMOI Branch consists of three workstreams: (1) HR Technology Deployment
(2) HR Systems Administration and Support
(3) HR Reporting & Analytics.
While the primary focus of this position is on the HR information systems administration and global user support, the involvement in both HR strategic and operational projects will be required.
This includes coordination of the system administration and support teams in the design, testing, development and implementation of the HR information systems related projects, analytics and tools that support HR business processes and decision making.
WFP is implementing Workday Human Capital Management and this role will oversee the transition of operational support to include activities related to the new HCM.
This role partners with internal and external business partners, and researches best practice and technology to ensure continuous improvement to HR systems, analytics and processes.
Job holders are likely to manage a small team of staff to ensure strategies and plans are implemented across an assigned area. They work independently, using technical knowledge and expertise to analyse data, prepare reports, provide advice and solutions to problems, and identify opportunities for improvements. They may develop core processes and procedures.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the supervision of the Head of HR Systems Administration and Support, the HR Officer will be responsible f or the following key duties:
- Perform analysis of revised/New HR policies and procedure to determine their impact on the HR Management Information systems
- Lead the review of HR business processes and propose innovative solutions for their simplification, efficiency and effectiveness;
- Lead the preparation of business requirements for changes/enhancements of the HR systems to ensure they are reflective of legislation and support WFP effectively.
- Maintain relationship with relevant counterparts in WFP (Finance, Budget, Administration, IT and others) and provide operational input to ensure cross functional processes and systems are in place and functioning as required
- Maintain relationships with and provide operational support to third party bodies, including Social Security, Insurance, Pension Fund, Credit Union, and others;
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to design , test, and maintain any necessary integrations, as well as ensure existing interfaces continue to run smoothly and provide accurate results.
- Partner with HR Policy and other HR branches, Legal and IT to ensure that our systems and processes adhere to relevant policies, standards and guidelines.
- Lead and motivate a small team of HR staff, monitoring performance, providing coaching, training and guidance to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Oversee the upskill of and transition of the SAS stream functions to include new HCM related support activities.
- Oversee the preparation and delivery and support of high-quality training to users in HQ and the field.
- Participate in the implementation of HR projects as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Act as focal point to IT in the development of business cases and project plans required to implement new or enhanced functionalities in HR;
- Monitor the performance of HR systems, analyze errors and liaise with IT to seek solutions, identify workarounds and provide guidance to users worldwide on the system functionality and use;
- Test and validate the IT solutions before these are implemented;
- Provide subject matter expertise for training and documentation of information systems and processes, including the preparation of guidelines and training material for the user community;
- Perform any other duties as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
At least five years of:
- postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources including three years at international level, with an interest in international humanitarian development;
- experience in conducting business analysis, data analysis and preparing business requirements for system development, in performing testing and system deployment;
- experience in designing business processes and using modelling tools is an added value
- Knowledge of and exposure to corporate HR information systems based on SAP, especially SAP HR (Personnel Administration
- Knowledge and Exposure to cloud based HCM systems such as Oracle, SuccessFactors or Workday is desirable;
- Training courses in one or more of the following disciplines: human resources management and information technology.
- Good knowledge of HR business processes, practices and procedures.
- Strong analytical skills , both quantitative and qualitative.
- Experience with data visualization tools an advantage .
- Fluency in oral and written English with an intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for applications: 11 September 2023
Ref. VA: 829188
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.