WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Job Title: Senior Programme Associate (M&E) SC 7, Grade : SC 7 Type of contract: Short Term Contract Number of Post : 1 Duration: 12 months Duty Station: Nay Pyi Taw Report to : Head of Research, Assessment and Monitoring
VA Number: 671775 Date of Publication: 22 March 2023 Deadline of Application: 5 April 2023
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This post is opened for Myanmar Nationals Only. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
To provide effective coordination and specialized support to a full range of policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the overall supervision of Head of Research, Assessment and Monitoring (RAM) Unit and under the direct supervision of the M&E Officer, Snr. Programme Associate (M&E) will be responsible for, and not limited to, the following duties
- Support the planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities on measuring effectiveness of all food assistance interventions (e.g., beneficiary needs and status, food security status, programme modalities, implementation challenges, etc.)
2.Contribute to the implementation of Post-Distribution Monitoring (PDM) activities through:
- Supporting with preparation of tools using WFP’s online system
- Coordination and communication with WFP country office and field office staff and local partners (if necessary) to prepare sample size, and budget
- Liaising with WFP country office and field office staff, to support with training of the enumerators as part of preparation of PDM data collection
- Working closely with WFP field office staff to support following up with PDM data collection progress using the data quality dashboard to ensure data quality, accuracy, and consistency to build a credible evidence base
- Conduct analysis of data collected from the PDM exercises. Support the drafting of reports based on the analysis and sharing of findings.
- Assist in process monitoring through: ▪ The design and preparation of tools using WFP’s online system ▪ Liaising with WFP country office and field office to support analysis of process monitoring ▪ Working closely with WFP field office staff to support with refresher trainings, share analysis findings, as well as other tasks relevant for field-level process monitoring. – Participate in other food security assessment activities as required – Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: First University degree in Statistics, Economics, International Affairs, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science or Social Sciences. Experience: At least 5 years of relevant experience. Experience in food security analysis an advantage. Knowledge & Skills:
- Statistical analysis (primary and secondary data collection/collation and analysis)
- Excellent database management skills
- Proficiency in a statistical software package is required (R, SPSS, Stata, or Python)
- Competencies: Cognitive Capacity, Teamwork, Action Management, Innovation, Partnering, Client Orientation, Advisory Skills, Facilitation and Training.
- Cultivated sustainable relationships with local NGOs and implementing partners
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation and assessments in field locations.
- Experience working in a team of different nationalities and/or cultures
Language: Fluency in written and oral communication skills in both English and Myanmar
All WFP Employees are expected to demonstrate the competencies and standards of behaviour aligned with our core values and defined in the WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK, namely:
- Leading by example with integrity,
- Driving results and delivering on commitments,
- Fostering inclusive and collaborative teamwork,
- Applying strategic thinking,
- Building and maintaining sustainable partnerships.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Request for Disability related Reasonable Accommodations: It is important to WFP to create an accessible and inclusive workplace for everyone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the selection and hiring process, please direct your request and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the reasonable accommodation team will contact you to confidentially discuss your needs. This email is only to be used for any disability related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in 123 countries delivering food assistance, partnering with governments and providing common services that allow the entire humanitarian community to save lives in emergencies and build the resilience of food insecure people and communities.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexualexploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority ordiscrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.