Hardship Level (not applicable for home-based): C
Family Type (not applicable for home-based): Family
Staff Member / Affiliate Type: UNOPS LICA5
Target Start Date: 2023-04-01
Job Posting End Date: April 2, 2023
Terms of Reference
Demonstrated expertise in the coordination and basic administrative procedures (including but not limited to Inter-Agency coordination). Emergency response experience is an asset. The ability to communicate with stakeholders at national and sub-national levels is required. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detailed, and content-oriented. Excellent communication and follow-up skills are an asset. A proven capacity to use basic online and offline Microsoft products is required.
Standard Job Description: Senior Inter-Agency Coordination Assistant
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Senior Inter-Agency Coordination Assistant normally reports to a higher grade local or international Inter-Agency position. The incumbent will provide administrative and organisational support to the Inter-Agency Unit and will liaise with other UN Agencies, NGOs and other partners of UNHCR as well as other units in the operation as necessary. S/he may be tasked to draft meeting minutes and reports.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Provide secretarial support to the Inter-Agency unit and sector working groups, including drafting and reviewing meeting minutes, keeping recipients’ list updated, drafting support materials for meetings, organize and provide logistic support including transportation and translation support, disseminate relevant information to an external audience, etc.
- Support the sector coordinators in drafting guidelines, strategies and other documents.
- Participate in relevant meetings or events at national level as requested and provide relevant verbal and written feedback on issues of relevance for inter-agency and inter-sector processes.
- Liaise with partners as requested.
- Participate in field level meetings as required and update the sector coordinator on discussions and relevant developments.
- Support the Inter-Agency Coordinators in ensuring good communication between the working groups in the field and the national working groups through regular contacts with the field.
- Support the coordinators in mapping and other exercises, in cooperation with the information management colleagues.
- Liaise with the information management colleagues for sector updates, checking consistency, providing documents to be posted etc.
- Support the sector coordinators in the review and extraction of the reporting of sector partners on activity info.
- Translate relevant documents, articles, legal texts as required.
- Support other Inter-Agency functions, including: collecting and disseminating weekly schedules and work plans, organize and maintain IA calendar and other coordination tools, support outreach to partners on issues such as financial tracking, follow up with field offices on weekly distribution schedules and attend IA meetings and/or specific working groups where relevant (including minute taking), etc.
- Draft reports for clearance by the supervisor.
- Organise coordination meetings.
- Gather and analyse information from UNHCR, partners and media.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G5 – 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Protection Learning Programme
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Knowledge of UNHCR and interagency policies, standards, programmes and humanitarian operations in operational context.
Experience in humanitarian coordination (including but not limited to interagency coordination) is an asset. Emergency response experience is an asset.
DM-Database Design & Development
CO-Drafting and Documentation
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Required Languages: ,
Additional Qualifications: Skills
HCR Protection Learning Program – UNHCRWork Experience
Other information: Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme or as an intern is subject to proof of vaccination against Covid-19.This position doesn’t require a functional clearance.