Supporter Engagement Section (SES),
Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP),
Division of External Relations, UNHCR Copenhagen
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering a Senior Admin Assistant role with the Supporter Engagement Section of the Private Sector Partnerships Service under the Division of External Relations atUNHCR Copenhagen.
Established in December 1950, UNHCR is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for asylum seekers, refugees, returnees, internally displaced communities and stateless people. Every year, millions of men, women and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution. UNHCR currently operates in over 130 countries, using its long expertise to protect and care for millions.
Title: Senior Admin Assistant
Vacancy No: CPH/VN/2023/003
Duty Station: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contract Type: UNOPS LICA-5
Duration: from March 2023 to December 2023
Closing date: 14 February 2023 Midnight CET
The Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP) sits within UNHCR’s Division of External Relations (DER) and is responsible for mobilizing resources from the private sector for refugees. UNHCR have developed a $1 Billion Private Sector Fundraising Strategy. This strategy focuses on both Individual Giving and Private Partnerships and Philanthropy (PPH) and identifies priority fundraising markets and regions.
This role will operate primarily within Supporter Engagement Section (SES), which is part of Private Sector Partnerships (PSP). The purpose of the section is to maximize UNHCR’s supporter engagement, and as a key measure of success to increase UNHCR’s income from Individual Giving fundraising
The Senior Admin Assistant will be in PMO and Administration team reporting to the Chief of Section/SES to provide cross cutting project and administrative support to all units and team within the section. The incumbent will report to Chief of Section until PSP Operations Officer is hired.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Section and day to day supervisor of PSP Operations Officer, the individual contractor will assist in the following:
Accountability (key results that will be achieved):
- Ensure regular team meetings are organised on a regular basis and assist the team with booking and preparing other key meetings with internal and external parties, including collation of agenda items, minute taking and actions as well as distribution of materials.
- Support in the management the financial process for the SES team’s in-house media buying
- Assist with the preparation of the annual, quarterly, mid-year and monthly income and expenditure reports, according to the organization formats.
- Support in the expenditure recording in MSRP and monthly reconciliation of the income and expenditure accounts managed by SES.
- Assist in the recruitment of staff and any affiliated workforce including, collecting candidate applications, and all administrative aspects of the recruitment, archiving and maintaining records and liaising with the relevant counterparts to ensure appointments are achieved as planned.
- Assist in delivering and processing procurement submissions, processing Individual Consultancy contracts, issuing requisitions and purchase orders and review spending authorities, linked to goods and services procured by the team.
- Assist the team as required with administrative support, including meeting and stakeholder coordination.
- Support team in coordinating contracting processes with vendors and external suppliers. Track expiration dates of contract.
- Support team with the venue selection and administration of, skill-shares, trainings and other events as planned and when required.
- Participate in data gathering, research and analysis as needed
- Work across the team to ensure that electronic filing systems and team collaborative platforms are kept up date.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Completion of Secondary education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field.
- At least 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher, preferably in business administration, social science or a related field;
- Experience with the UN and/or with a humanitarian I/NGO is desirable;
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of UNHCR financial rules procedures and processes as well as knowledge of specific UNHCR programmes (MSRP, FOCUS, PeopleSoft.) is desirable;
- Team working
- Communication skills
- Inter-personal skills
- Planning and Organizing
- Strong analytical, organisational and multitasking skills;
- Must have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal).
- Strong interest in digital would be an asset.
- Computer skills (in MS Office) and practical experience in working with Excel and ERP systems
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
- Knowledge of another UN language (desired)
Location and Conditions
The successful candidate will be based in Copenhagen, Denmark. This position until the end of the year with possibility of extension. The position is a full-time role with 40 working hours per week.
Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme or as an intern is subject to proof of vaccination against Covid-19.
Shortlisted candidates might be required to sit for a written test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their application through www.unhcr.org/careers.html click on vacancies and search for JR2311343.
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
We welcome applications from candidates with a refugee or stateless background.
The deadline for applications is 14 February 2023 at midnight (CET, Central European Time).