Job Identification : 9838
Locations : Bangkok, Thailand
Posting Date : 04/14/2023, 02:53 AM
Apply Before : 05/05/2023, 04:59 PM
Job Schedule : Full time
Grade : G6
Vacancy Type : Fixed Term
Contract Duration : 1 Year with Possibility for extension
Education & Work Experience : High School certificate – 6 year(s) experience
Required Languages : Thai and English
Job Category : Administration/Operations/Support
The Programme Associate position is located in the Regional Office.
You will report directly to the Programme Advisor.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Programme Associate supports the Programme Support Team and the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor (the Team) with support to and oversight of country offices related to country programme planning, monitoring and evaluation, and provides administrative and secretarial support to the team members. The incumbent maintains full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, ensuring due protocol, information flow and follow up on deadlines and commitments made. Incumbent also provides logistical support, calendar management, and facilitates efficient communications flow related to the work of the Team.
You would be responsible for:
- Supports Country Programme Document (CPD) submission by collating CPDs and companion documents for APRO management review, Regional & Global PRC submission
- Provides support to other CPD development related activities including of APRO internal planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation stages
- Prepares documentation of changes to COs ceilings and allocations in close consultation with Programme Adviser and the Programme Support Team members and guidance from the Regional Director
- Prepares reports and undertakes analysis of country programme expenditure for consideration of senior management
- Manages the Country Support Plan (CSP) submission and revision process. Ensure COs requests (Mission, Desk Based Support, Brokering) have been reviewed by APRO management and colleagues before sharing feedback to COs. Subsequently monitors CSP submission to ensure APRO support are well captured and in line with the submitted CSP and preparation of analytical reports and presentations
- Undertakes semi-annual analysis of country office support provided by the Regional Office and present such analysis to the Regional Office staff at all staff meetings/retreats
- Supports Country Oversight activities including of APRO-CO performance dialogues (Dashboard) which included preparation of indicator performance dashboards
- Supports HR realignments of country offices through preparation of supportive documentation according to various templates
- Serves as APRO Alternate Shipment Tracker focal point and ensure timely and accurate recording of all supplies transactions, while the required documents for both of interim and year-end inventory certification have been submitted to FB/HQ within a deadline
- Assist the Team, in collaboration with the OM office, in providing support and advice to the COs on operational and programme matters;
- Undertakes all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements required for the organization of technical workshops, inter-agency meetings, panel discussions, roundtables, missions, and other events organized by the programme and technical team;
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring process of the SIS and relevant office plans;
- Reviews incoming correspondence, collect and prepare necessary information for reply / action, and drafts and finalizes response;
- Prepares first drafts of responses to inquiries received by the programme and technical team for action by supervising officers;
- Prepares travel authorizations and make travel arrangements;
- Contributes to maintaining the office filing system and assist in archiving;
- Maintains and update country, partners and project files, including project progress reports, work plans and budgets in compliance with guidelines for the regional programme;
- Prepares requisition request in QUANTUM with input from the Team members; utilizes QUANTUM to produce monthly reports on the financial status of programmes or projects; create vouchers and payments in QUANTUM, as needed;
- Follows up on the submission of financial reports by COs and partners;
- Performs research assistance duties including bibliographic and database searches; summarize information and draft contributions to RO reports, papers, technical notes, and publications;
- Identifies sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers;
- Assembles briefing materials and prepares power-point and other presentations for the Team members;
- Organizes, compiles and processes information from donors, Regional Offices, programme countries, and country offices, as inputs to various databases and documents;
- Provides administrative support service on consultancy contractual arrangements, including compiling required documents, creating requisitions, monitoring and preparing payment request, etc.
- Keep record of Team members’ visa, stay permit status, driving license, car registration, and other matters in relation to entitlement protocol services, prepare documents and coordinate with related parties and UNDP.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of secondary school.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least having 6 years of work experience in programme and project management, including some experience in research assistance and administrative work;
- Previous experience in the UN an advantage;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel, Power-point, etc.;
- Good knowledge of QUANTUM or other ERP system;
- Good writing and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
Fluency in English and Thai.
Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
Embracing cultural diversity,
Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
Thinking analytically and strategically,
Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
Communicating for impact
Delivering result based programme,
Managing data, document and correspondence,
Planning, organizing and multi-tasking,
Managing financial processes
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.