Job Identification : 8841
Locations : Ankara, Turkey Samsun, Turkey Erzurum, Turkey Istanbul, Turkey Gaziantep, Turkey Diyarbakir, Turkey Adana, Turkey Antalya, Turkey Izmir, Turkey Bursa, Turkey
Posting Date : 02/28/2023, 12:00 PM
Apply Before : 03/15/2023, 03:59 AM
Degree Level : Advanced/Postgraduate Degree
Job Schedule : Full time
Agency : UNDP
Grade : NB5
Vacancy Type : National Personnel Service Agreement
Practice Area : Health
Bureau : Regional Bureau for Europe and the CIS
Contract Duration : 8 months
Education & Work Experience : Master’s Degree – 5 year(s) experience
Required Languages : Turkish
Mobility required/no mobility
no mobility required
Job Category : Monitoring & Evaluation
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The “Project for Planning, Implementing and Monitoring Health Strategies” will be implemented by the Ministry of Health (MoH) with implementation support from UNDP under the “Health System Strengthening and Support Project (HSSSP)” which is carried out under the Loan Agreement No. 8531-TR signed between the World Bank and the Government of the Republic of Türkiye on November 26, 2015. The development objective of the HSSSP is to improve primary and secondary prevention from non-communicable diseases (NCDs), increase the efficiency of service delivery in public hospitals and enhance the capacity of the Ministry of Health for evidence-based decision making.
This project aims to bring the Project Development Objective and main objectives of the HSSSP in compliance with the MoH’s strategic plan. The strategic plan will be implemented by the MoH.
Under the scope of this project, for efficient monitoring and evaluation of project activities at the central level and in the field, dedicated teams will be set up to perform their services at the central level and in the field. These teams will be responsible for performing analysis, implementation support, and monitoring and evaluation activities for an effective coordination. The Field Coordinators will be supporting the Chief Field Coordinator in monitoring and evaluation of healthcare service delivery of all health facilities in 81 provinces.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Field Coordinator will be responsible for one or few of the top 10 health regions of Türkiye which have been identified for a more structured and effective implementation of the Project and will carry out a wide range of tasks related to monitoring and evaluation of healthcare service delivery in all health facilities within one of the specified regions.
In line with the needs of the Ministry of Health (MoH) monitoring activities will cover indicatively below actions.
- Evaluate the policies of the central organizations of the Ministry under HSSSP in the field and to report the faulting points to the central organization, to guide the improvement efforts and to provide support in the evidence-based decision-making for new practices in the MoH;
- Evaluate all project-related health services provided in provincial/district level and to convey the opinions/revision requests of all parties in the provincial organization to the upper management of the MoH;
- Monitor and evaluate the practices and activities of Directorates of Health, Directorates of Public Health and Offices of Secretary-General, to report the results of monitoring and evaluations and to contribute to the development of the cooperation among agencies which provide health services and other agencies;
- Determine the faults in the functioning of the health system in the field and to suggest corrective measures during activities/meetings;
- Prepare the good practice examples in health as case analyses and to provide support to the relevant Ministerial units for sharing and popularizing these under the HSSSP;
- Make comments to ensure the efficient use of human resources by analyzing the human resources requirements of the Ministerial units.
- Monitor, evaluate and report the field practices for improving the quality of health data;
- Contribute to the processes of developing quality indicators for health services with information and experiences acquired in the field;
- Submit the suggestions on consolidating health service data to the upper management of the Ministry;
- Monitor the programs/campaigns, in field, which are carried out under the HSSSP;
- Participate in national and international organizations approved by the MoH such as evaluation activities, conferences, trainings which will be carried out under the HSSSP with the aim of following up the scientific developments and observing the examples in other countries/introducing the services of the MoH.
- Ensure the necessary coordination to make health services sustainable during crises situations like Covid-19 pandemic, floods, earthquakes etc.
Also, the Field Coordinator will work closely with the Ministry of Health, Emergency Health Services, public hospitals, and related health services in the provision of general directorates in order to reference cases of sudden natural disasters throughout the country. Number of Field Coordinators to be assigned will be determined by the Ministry in line with the recurring needs of the Ministry.
The Field Coordinators will work in close collaboration with the Chief Field Coordinator, UNDP Portfolio Manager Ministry of Health and all other stakeholders including the relevant bodies attached to the Ministry of Health and teams set up for the project.
The Field Coordinators’ duty station will be located in the top 10 health regions of Türkiye (Ankara, Samsun, Erzurum, Diyarbakir, Gaziantep, Adana, Antalya, Izmir, Bursa, Istanbul). The Field Coordinators will report to the Chief Field Coordinator or ISG Portfolio Manager assigned by UNDP (in the absence of Chief Field Coordinator) on monthly progress basis.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 3: Set and align challenging, achievable objectives for multiple projects, have lasting impact
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 3: Proactively mitigate potential risks, develop new ideas to solve complex problems
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 3: Create and act on opportunities to expand horizons, diversify experiences
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 3: Proactively initiate and champion change, manage multiple competing demands
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 3: Think beyond immediate task/barriers and take action to achieve greater results
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 3: Political savvy, navigate complex landscape, champion inter-agency collaboration
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 3: Appreciate benefits of diverse workforce and champion inclusivity
Cross Functional & Technical Competencies:
- Business Direction & Strategy – Effective Decision Making:
- Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise, and resources
- Business Direction & Strategy – Strategic Thinking:
- Ability to develop effective strategies and prioritized plans in line with UNDP’s objectives, based on the systemic analysis of challenges, potential risks, and opportunities; linking the vision to reality on the ground, and creating tangible solutions
- Ability to leverage learning from a variety of sources to anticipate and respond to future trends; to demonstrate foresight in order to model what future developments and possible ways forward look like for UNDP
- Business Direction & Strategy – Negotiation and Influence:
- Ability to reach an understanding, persuade others, resolve points of difference, gain the advantage in the outcome of dialogue, negotiates mutually acceptable solutions through compromise and, creates ‘win-win’ situations
- Business Direction & Strategy – Business Acumen:
- Ability to understand and deal with a business situation in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome
- Knowledge and understanding of the operational frameworks in the organization and ability to make good judgments and quick decisions within such frameworks
- Business Direction & Strategy – System Thinking:
- Ability to use objective problem analysis and judgment to understand how interrelated elements coexist within an overall process or system, and to consider how altering one element can impact on other parts of the system
- Audit and Investigation – Critical creative and foresight applied to audit and investigation:
- Possess essential critical thinking and foresight capacity to analyze facts to form a judgment.
- Audit and Investigation – Collection and analysis of evidence. Ability to extract and analyze all relevant types of evidence and be able to draw reasonable inferences and conclusions:
- Collection and analysis of evidence. Ability to extract and analyze all relevant types of evidence and be able to draw reasonable inferences and conclusions.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advance University Degree from Medical Faculty (min 6-year study).
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the field of health is required.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in the field of health desired.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Performance Management or M&E or policy development/revision processes will be an asset
- Minimum 1 year of experience in healthcare management will be an asset
- Previous work experience in an international organization will be an asset
- Literacy in Microsoft Office, Windows-based applications
- Fluency in Turkish.
- Completion of training programs in the fields (Quality, M&E, Performance Management) will be an asset.
- Certificate in the field of Monitoring & Evaluation will be an asset.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
- Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experiences, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns, or other materials.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.