Country Programme Coordinator (Thai National Only)
Location : Bangkok, THAILAND
Application Deadline : 23-Sep-23 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : FTA Local
Post Level : NO-C
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
Duration of Initial Contract : 1 year
Expected Duration of Assignment : 1 year extendable based on performance and budget availability
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Regional Director (DRD), the Country Programme Coordinator assists the Asia and Pacific Regional Office (RO) in taking responsibility for planning, implementing, and managing UN Women interventions in Thailand. She/he works in close collaboration with the programme and operations team at RO, UN Women HQ staff, Government officials, multi and bi-lateral donors and civil society ensuring successful UN Women programme implementation under portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Lead the Thailand country programmes
- Develop, implement, and monitor the country programme annual workplan and individual programme workplans, including budget and results framework;
- Manage delivery of the day-to-day programme activities to ensure prompt and adequate delivery of results;
- Ensure effective use of resources and compliance with UN Women rules, policies, and procedures as well as donor/fund requirements;
- Prepare for programme audits and implement its recommendations.
2. Lead technical support and capacity development to national partners
- Build relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the country programme; respond to any potential problems;
- Manage capacity building opportunities and initiatives of key institutions and mechanisms;
- Provide timely inputs and suggestions on programmatic areas;
- Provide partners with technical assistance, training, and capacity development initiatives as needed.
3. Manage the implementation of programme/ project activities through monitoring and reporting
- Establish an effective monitoring system for the delivery of programme results;
- Prepare quarterly and annual progress reports and donor reports and organize progress reviews as necessary;
- Attend field missions and write reports on monitoring missions.
4. Manage people and financial resources of the programmes
- Manage programme budgets;
- Write financial reports in accordance with UN Women procedures and submit the reports to the Regional Office and donors;
- Supervise and coach programme staff and manage performance;
- Write terms of reference for new staff, consultants and contractors and oversee the recruitment process, as necessary.
5. Manage inter-agency and country coordination support for UN Women in Thailand
- Participate in country level Comprehensive Country Assessment (CCA)/UNDAF processes and similar exercises related to the RC system, as necessary;
- Provide guidance to the UNCT in supporting enhanced response to national partners in advancing gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- Write progress reports on UN Women’s programme experiences in support of UN women inter-agency coordination role;
- Collaborate with the Regional Office, provide coordination support to UN Agencies, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and national authorities to promote gender equality and women empowerment activities in Thailand;
- Identify and inform the RO of joint programming opportunities and participate in the development of UN joint programmes, as necessary.
6. Build partnerships and support in developing resource mobilization strategies
- Develop and implement partnerships and resource mobilization strategies;
- Finalize relevant documentation on donors and potential opportunities for resource mobilization;
- Analyze and research information on donors, prepare substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for cost sharing.
7. Manage knowledge building and sharing
- Develop knowledge management strategies and methodologies;
- Identify and synthesize of best practices and lessons learned to dissemination information.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf for more details on UN Women Values and Competencies Framework.
- Strong programme formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Strong budget and finance skills
- Strong knowledge of Results Based Management
- Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports to inform management and strategic decision-making
- Strong knowledge of gender equality and women’s empowerment
- Strong knowledge of country and/or region
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising and develop strategies
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree in international relations, development studies, public policy, gender or other social science field
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience at the national and/or international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects;
- Experience in establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments;
- Experience in leading a team is an asset;
- Experience in the in the field of gender and human rights of women is an asset;
- Experience in administrative systems and UN system norms is an asset;
- Experience in country and/or region is an asset;
- Experience in working independently with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Thai is required
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
Application: All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/2022-07/UN-Women-P11-Personal-History-Form-en.doc. Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.)