Position Title: Assistant Field Officer
Location: Tegucigalpa (FU), Honduras
Time type: Full time
Job Requisition ID JR2201639
Hardship Level: (not applicable for home-based) B
Family Type: (not applicable for home-based)
Family: Staff Member / Affiliate Type: UNOPS IICA1
Target Start Date: 2023-01-01-08:00
Job Posting End Date: November 28, 2022
Terms of Reference
• This position is advertised to internal and external applicants. Honduran nationals are not eligible to apply.
• Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme or as an intern, is subject to proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, independently of contract type and duration. The selected candidate(s) will be required to provide the proof of vaccination prior to recruitment.
• Only short-listed candidates will be notified. The recruitment process might include written test and/or oral interview for this job opening. No late applications will be accepted.
• UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
• Remuneration: A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered depending on relevant experience as per the requirements of the job advertisement.
The closing date for submission of applications is 29th November 2022 (midnight Geneva time).
Candidate with working experience in high-risk communities and project management regarding protection.
Standard Job Description
Assistant Field Officer
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Assistant Field Officer is normally supervised by the Senior Field Coordinator or Field Officer or Head of Sub-Office/Field Office depending on the structure of the Office. S/he may receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country/regional programme(s). UNHCR Manual, programme and protection objectives, Operations Plans, UN and UNHCR financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the incumbent. The incumbent does not normally have any direct supervisory role. S/he has daily contacts with staff in the various field offices and with the functional units at the Country/Regional Office. S/he also has close liaison with a range of local civilian and military authorities and counterparts in NGOs and UN agencies to discuss matters of common interest. All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– Assess the needs of persons of concern in the AoR and formulate project submissions in collaboration with district authorities and implementing partners.
– Promote and monitor the implementation of assistance projects.
– Report regularly on rate of flow of new arrivals and estimate expected influx based on interviews with persons of concern. – In co-ordination with implementing partners, assist with the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR. – Keep track of cases of detention; register applicants for voluntary repatriation and family reunion.
– Assist in the preparation of monthly sectoral reports and submit material for preparation of periodic project monitoring reports and year-end reports.
– Submit recommendation for protection interventions to the designated officer.
– Negotiate with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
– Perform other related duties as required. Minimum Qualifications Education & Professional
Years of Experience / Degree Level For P1/NOA
– 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree Field(s) of Education Law Political Sciences or other relevant field. (Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
UNHCR Protection Learning Programme
UNHCR Operations Management
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Not specified Desirable Field experience.
Knowledge of refugee law.
Good knowledge of UNHCRs programmes.
PG-Stakeholder management and coordination with Implementing Partners (Gov/NGO/Corporate)
IT-Computer Literacy BU-PeopleSoft EPM/Budget FI-ERP Financial Management (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Workday and other)
PG-Programme Management (programme cycles and reporting standards)
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Language Requirements For International Professional and Field Service jobs:
Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties.
This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power. As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
BA: Law (Required), BA: Political Science (Required)
HCR Protection Learning Program – UNHCR, Programme Management (PM) 1 – UNHCR
This position doesn’t require a functional clearance
How to apply
Para aplicar debe seguir las siguientes instrucciones:
• Ingresar a través del siguiente vinculo https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/External
• Puede buscar la posición a aplicar por – Location o puede colocar el número de la Job Requisition en la barra de búsqueda (ejemplo: JR JR2201639)
• Seleccionar aplicar y le desplegara las opciones para hacerlo. Si aún no tiene usuario creado, seleccionar ”Create Account”
• Una vez creada su cuenta puede iniciar su aplicación en línea.
Agradecemos tomar nota que únicamente se reciben aplicaciones a través de la plataforma antes mencionada.