WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Female qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, offer, training, or any other fees). Offers of WFP employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. WFP does not concern itself with information on bank accounts. Any requests for such payment or information should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action and to WFP for its information.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaus (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). The Job holders report to a Head of Unit, Chief, Administration Officer, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
Incumbent is expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders can recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff. To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money oriented quality administrative practices.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in related functional area is desirable. Experience: Five (5) years of relevant work experience in the related area. Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Portuguese. Knowledge of local languages is an added advantage.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Field Office and technical supervision from Maputo office the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Verify resource requirements in the area of responsibility (WFP facilities, assets, light vehicle fleet, etc.), and assist in the identification of new requirements to facilitate efficiency and cost-effectiveness of operations and services.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of WFP Fleet using corporate software (FleetWave), produce statistical reports on monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Support Inventory management of the Programme using corporate software, monitor assets useful lifecycle, arrange repairing and maintenance of office equipment, disposal of items completed their useful lifecycle, ensure timely update of Inventory database in Global Equipment Management System (GEMS);
- Co-ordinate with other teams in order to ensure that all administrative and financial services are being performed efficiently and in line with the needs of the wider team.
- Perform tasks on specified areas as per below: Facilities Management:
- Manage the Field Office activities in the area of facility management including activities planning, monitoring, quality control.
- Control and update the Facility Management related Budget of Field Office.
- Administering and oversee external suppliers/service providers for offices cleaning, drinking water supply, stationery suppliers, cleaning products, etc. Including performance assessment and managing of relevant purchase orders.
- Filing of Facility Management related documents. Administration:
- Check the provision of a range of Admin services, including light vehicle management (transport Coordination and schedules of activities) with the drivers and the use of Humanitarian hub by Field Office staff), protocol related (coordination of reservations, reception of visitors, deliver of various type of correspondence) etc. Identify potential suppliers and follow up with the Vendor registration process to diversify the Vendors database in the province.
- Management of WFP Assets, including regular reconciliation of assets between the corporate system (GEMS) and Manual tracking sheets prepared locally,
- Effective management of the fleet: Plan and assign the routes and schedules for Drivers, to support efficient transport-related services for clients; Ensure timely completion of logbooks; Ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption, support accurate accounting and cost. Control vehicles and Motorbikes insurances, inspection and manifest; Ensure that all vehicles and Motorbikes maintenances are done on time and all related information updated in Fleet Management System. Finance:
- Act as Petty Cash cashier. Verify receipts submitted and park expenses in relevant petty cash account. Regularly monitor expenses and take actions to revise the level to meet monthly petty cash expenses. Request replenishment of petty cash account upon expenditure of 2/3 of the established level.
- Support Cash Based Transfers operations. Ensure receipt, registration in Voucher Registration log and safekeeping of value vouchers. Upon programme request based on evidence of valid agreement (Feld Level Agreements) and financial commitments ( Released Purchase Orders), perform accurate and timely registration of value vouchers in voucher registration log and hand-over vouchers to WFP cooperating partners.
- Receive and verify invoices submitted from service providers, cooperation partner and suppliers for accuracy and completeness and forward to relevant Finance Assistants in Area/Country Office for processing, follow-up timely execution of payments.
- Remain on stand-by and follow standard emergency preparedness practices in order to meet immediate emergency requirements for further service on the job and in the field.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK – OUR BEHAVIOUR MATTERS
- Leads by Example with Integrity
Lives WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others.
- Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change.
- Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork
Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth.
- Applies Strategic Thinking
Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things.
- Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships
Builds and nurtures external partnerships & collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of contract: Service Contract, Level 5
Duty Station: Quelimane
Duration: 06 months
This position is open to Mozambican Nationals Only.
Female qualified candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
05th April 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.